OVERHEATED AGAIN!

banone

Hey all, I have not been on here for a little while. I have been working on my P.O.S.! I have a shee that I have had overheating problems with for a while now. It is all stock except timing advance, FMF pipes, and K&N filter with no lid. I have put 3 head gaskets on this thing in the past 4 months.. I am tired of working on this thing, I have put in a billet water pump impeller and tried engine ice, still overheated!! I do not know what to do or check. I need as much advice or help I can get..

Thanks in advance!!

Hey all, I have not been on here for a little while. I have been working on my P.O.S.! I have a shee that I have had overheating problems with for a while now. It is all stock except timing advance, FMF pipes, and K&N filter with no lid. I have put 3 head gaskets on this thing in the past 4 months.. I am tired of working on this thing, I have put in a billet water pump impeller and tried engine ice, still overheated!! I do not know what to do or check. I need as much advice or help I can get..

Thanks in advance!!

how much do you have your timing advanced?

what jetting, those 2 things can make you overheat.

Timing is set to ÷4, Jets Not sure? have not changed them. radiator looks pretty good it has been painted.. It looks pretty clean inside. I am running 93 oct with supertechniplate mixed @40-1

Edited by banone

Timing is set to ÷4, Jets Not sure? have not changed them. radiator looks pretty good it has been painted..

what bore size you have on the motor? you mention head gasket problems. as well what Radiator grill you got? Some of the grills i seen some guy's buy off e-bay are the worst things you can get for a trail bike. might be ok for drag bikes but they can restrict the air flow or not direct it as should.

It is stock bore with a stock head, I just had it cleaned up. I have a Maier hood and plastic grill.

What jets should I have in this thing, and how would I make sure i have got all air out of the system.

Timing is set to ÷4, Jets Not sure? have not changed them. radiator looks pretty good it has been painted.. It looks pretty clean inside. I am running 93 oct with supertechniplate mixed @40-1

I would try putting your timing back to stock.

And, I could be wrong.....but if your radiator is painted I've heard that could cause issues. I've heard the stock black on the radiator is there for a reason. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Thanks to all of you, I will try to pull it apart this week end and see what jets I have and let you all know. I have got to figure this out I was ready to sell it and buy a 4-stroke! LOL. I bet it will be a jetting issue or air in the system due to me not knowing I needed to burp it.

Thanks to all of you, I will try to pull it apart this week end and see what jets I have and let you all know. I have got to figure this out I was ready to sell it and buy a 4-stroke! LOL. I bet it will be a jetting issue or air in the system due to me not knowing I needed to burp it.

Yes also try to replace the grill. Them maier ones just cost one of my customers a New top end. We cut and fitted a stock grill on his maier fenders and the issue went away. Those maier Radiator cover are not a very good design. Air flow is most important and most guy's don't realize it. So make sure you keep the bike moving. But if your in this freezing cold weather do check your jetting as well like most recommended.

Yes also try to replace the grill. Them maier ones just cost one of my customers a New top end. We cut and fitted a stock grill on his maier fenders and the issue went away. Those maier Radiator cover are not a very good design. Air flow is most important and most guy's don't realize it. So make sure you keep the bike moving. But if your in this freezing cold weather do check your jetting as well like most recommended.

I will try to get a stock grille and see if It will help!

Open air box and aftermarket pipes and never changed the jets? I would also bet that you are too lean.

if you are running FMF pipes (or any aftermarket pipes) along with an open air box on stock jets....you are WAY lean.....

Also even though the banshee's are liquid cooled bikes....they don't have fans. meaning you need to keep air-flow going through the radiator or it will start to heat up and could over-heat. This will be magnified alot if your jetting is lean. Pull your jets out of your carbs and check the size and get bigger ones! Then do a plug chop and make sure that your still not lean. And remember not to let your bike run (even idling) for long periods of time....