Has anyone done the plug wire mod on there shee ?

not on my shee, but i did just go get some non-resistor wire (stock is non-resistor) for automotive and it fit in there just fine. that was on my ski-doo summit, which uses the same exact coil setup. i wouldn't think normal resistor wire would last long, and you would ha e to run non-risistor caps....so, yes, it works fine....the clips are tricky, though.

If you want a true improvment, switch to a NOLOGY coil.

Nology coil has 2 post like a spark plug. The wire snaps on the coil and on the spark plug. You run a regular plug wire like what a car uses. I run the nology hot wires too. They are supose to increase spark as well.

Yeah run the Nology coil with their "Hot Wires". Your not going to get a seat of the pants change out of a boot or an auto wire stuck on the stock set-up. But that Nology coil is like Lightning for your plugs. :headbang:

you know, the dyna cdi's store greater energy to push stronger spark out of a stock, or dyna coil..........plus you get the custom curves...just a though

Umm....NO. :blink:

Yes I've owned one. Some like them. But they are known for breaking up at the high RPM's sometimes. (I have one on the wife's duner so I can dial it back for her and up for me.)Yes you can do custom curves. (I even have the cables and can adjust it with the laptop) But Tim at Titan racing has set many national records at the planet sand races with nothing more than the stock CDI, Stator, Flywheel and a Nology coil with hot wires. So since I deal with him and drink his HP Kool-Aid. I went with what works for him.

But I can tell you this.....The CDI doesn't BOOST spark cheif. It only TELLS the coil when to fire. So that's why I said "Um....No."

i wouldn't really say it tells the coil when to fire, since the coil is nothing more than 2 windings........current in is converted from lower voltage, higher current, to higher voltage, lower current......the voltage in is set by the voltage built from the stator. higher capacitance in the cdi, means there is less voltage drop and higher sustained current. so, the voltage both in and out of the coil is maintained better, and increased current in is transferred to increased current out. it's simply better power delivery to the coil, not signal. that being said, no, i don't think a dyna will spark better than a nology, in fact, i know you can't beat a nology setup for spark "energy" just throwing something out there, and i don't think most will notice a difference, unless they are faced with the need to gap down already, on an un-faulty stock setup...

oh, and using anything other than stock, or stock equivelant can cause a depletion miss, overload the cdi, or overdraw the stator. all voltage drop; =heat

Edited by AKheathen

:) Agreed. That's part of why I just recommended going with the nology if your trying to amp up the spark. Because just changing the wire won't give him a seat of the pants difference. For most, a good working, good condition stock ignition with nothing more than an advance timing plate should be more than adequate, unless your making ALOT of HP or trying to light ALOT of alky. :)

Drag Racers dont need to run more than a stock cdi because they operate at one rpm range. People who dune, trail ride, and race mx benefit from a programmable curve, because it makes a difference over the entire rpm range. Those people are using a lot more of the ignition curve vs a drag racer.