Trends Banshee owners follow

nick_n_ii

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably going to take some shit for this but... Extended swing arms.

The banshee already has horrible turning radius and traction, why make it worse? Unless you're pushing over 90 hp I don't see why you want a +4 or +6 or more unless it is purpose built for hill climb/drag.

Before I get jumped saying you can't keep your front end down, I've had a ported 4 mil with a -2.5 swinger in the past and the newest build will have the same or a 4 mil serval with anywhere from a -2 to stock length swinger. Keep in mind I'm not a duner or anything so I don't know how paddles effect this.

If you ever rode a -2 on a banshee with a +1 forward front end it is not even comparable, really an amazing difference in the dirt. :headbang:

Also lowering... I see too many lowered banshee's with +6 swing arms on bald hole shots that it just makes me sick. :shootself:

Extended swingarm is one of the first changes I do to any banshee I take to the dunes.

I would love to sit at the bottom of a dune and watch you with your -2 to stock swingarm and a 4mil serval try and get around the dunes with any sort of straight-blade paddle. The pic in my sig is a 4mil stock cylinder with +6 swingarm, and I'm up over the tank on hills to keep the front end down. -2 swingarm on any good running 4mil in the dunes would be asking for trouble.

On dirt, yes, I agree with you. On sand... no way.

That's why I threw that little disclaimer in there saying I don't know how this would be in the dunes with paddles as I've never been. lol

In my area of Texas that kind of riding is not found but people still think it's cool to lower and extend the poor thing for unjustified reasons, just following the trend when it isn't necessary.

That's what I was getting at, not knocking anyone with an extended swinger such as yourself where it makes sense or is almost required for ride-ability. :cheers:

Fenders - cutting is a personal preference not really a trend.....i like cut and uncut ....all depends on colors and rest of the bike....

Swingers - all depends on riding style and tires and what ur riding on......

we all ride shees...is that a trend?? king of the hill for how long now? good stuff

Fenders - cutting is a personal preference not really a trend.....i like cut and uncut ....all depends on colors and rest of the bike....

Swingers - all depends on riding style and tires and what ur riding on......

we all ride shees...is that a trend?? king of the hill for how long now? good stuff

I like the raptor style plastics.

i think a "trend " is something thats cool now but turnsinto somethign stupid once the "new" wears off. like vanilla ice. or mc hammer parachute pants or stupid gay ass neon colors on gear ( wel some of them are trying to bring it back umm no i dont think so) or basically fololowing something because your bud did it and your trying to fit in. like that fat chick at the bar he did er last week and now its your turn.

just do what you like if you cannot figure out what you like it may just be that you have no artistic quality's and there are a lot of people that cannot see the " art" in the things we do. ( mostly they say "why are you doing that" "why spend all that money on that pile of shit" sound famillar?) these are also the guys who have the bone stock bikes or 4 strokes with a slip on and cannot understand why you would want to add that billet handlebar clamp. most everyone has a bike or hobby that represents their personal interest's.. as far as a trend its the peep's that cannot se past their own moronic attitudes to apreciate what some of us have worked for

looks to me like every part of the country has its own banshee trend in regards to what type of riding there is. asphalt dragger, duners, hill shooters, mx, woods, and last but not least, junkers. i see a lot of junky looking bikes out there.

anyways, here in socal youll find some big motor and dressed up hill shooters, i like it but like the clean slick look. +size swingarms makes any banshee look way better, cut off fenders and aftermarket headlights too.

Probably going to take some shit for this but... Extended swing arms.

i see many like this.. stock bike.. set of pipes.. +4 swingarm... it looks cool though, right?

few more trends:

-these shitty fuckin no name 2 ply tires that some people brainwash themselves into beveling are as tough as a 6ply set because they cost $7 less per tire and they think its cool to use things other people havnt heard of.. the same way emo/goth fags think their music is cool because no one else likes/understands it. if it became popular , itd no longer be cool or good in their eyes.

-saying their bikes does 90+ mph

-blindly bashing 4 strokes when they have never even ridden a modern 4 stroke sport quad, thinking all 4 strokes run like 300cc 4x4 utilities

-flipping the front rims

-the opposite of the above: leaving front totally stock and buying an extended axle + flipping rear rims, effectively making your banshee handle 10 times worse than one of those 3 wheeled cars that had 1 wheel in front and 2 in back

vlcsnap-00008.jpg

-wasting all their money on chrome and billet to make their bike look pretty, then plastering fuckin stickers all over it.....fail

-constantly blipping the throttle when cruising at a slow speed through a parking lot, etc - people are staring because its annoying, not because its cool

- donuts/burnout videos

- the inability to admit front fenders stop a good amount of mud from getting all over you and your bike... "you get dirty with or without them" - no fuckin shit.. but the 2" of mud thats caked to the underside of my front fenders would have been caked to ME, had they not been there.. brainwashed douche bags!