A-arm modification

shoopie

alright guys i know its been a while but i finally got the banshee buttoned up and ready to ride. the a-arms came out great. i really like the stance and the look of it and the yfz shocks are so much better than stock. the arms still need to get pc'd but i threw them on for a little testing and some pictures.

2011-03-18_171331.jpg

2011-03-18_173131.jpg

2011-03-18_173116.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man be careful,test it gradually and keep checking for cracks.

thanks, yea ive been taking it real easy and stopping every couple minutes checking everything. it seems great so far.

i rode the banshee for a good 5 hours on saturday and a friend of mines' farm. and i even jumped a nice sized step up for about an hour on and off and the a-arms performed flawlessly. no cracks at all, no complaints whatsoever. i am very happy with the mod.

heres a quick shot from saturday.

2011-03-26134719.jpg

No offense man, but that setup could be one of the uglier setups I've seen. Not to be a dick, but why not just save up $300 and buy some tried and trued +2+1's?

that was the plan. these are going to have to do untill i have enough cash for +2+1's

• 3 months later...

I picture this bike with the license plate from the Ferrari in Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "NRVOUS"

Congrats on gettin 'er done but be carefull out there, the doctor bill will be way more than new A Arms.

Edited by vifferman

lower ball joints are going to break. there is too much of the joint sticking out of the "bung"

at least spend the 5 bucks and get some nuts to help with the load..

i wouldnt ride this bike either.. and yes its all cheap till you snap a lower ball joint and face plant your ass into a tree then spend the next rest of your life in a wheelchair..

that other post on this "mod" those were done much better in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Well its been a few months since i completed the project and i dont care what any of you say these things have performed great so far and they have been TESTED. i was riding with a few friends down the beach the other afternoon. we rode down the beach to some dunes. did some nice climbs and a few jumps. we headed back down to the beach and did a little drag racing. i was dead even with a brand new ltr450 so i know shees fast. anyway...back to the story... it was getting late so we went to head back to the lot where the trucks were parked. i was wearing dark goggles but its a wide open beach what could happen. i was following my friend on a yz250 and he went between a few rocks so i went high to be safe and not hit a rock. were probably averaging 60+mph btw... i turn and last second i see a 3 ft tall wall of sand-colored rock. lock up the brakes and hit this rock. the fronts contact and the whole quad just launches up and over the rock flipping forward. my shoulder goes into the sand and the shee lands upside down on me. my friends flip it back over, it starts right up and we ride it off the beach. nothing wrong with me or the quad as far as we can see. we get back to the trucks and check out the front end. the only thing bent is one of the lower ball joints is just bent backwards about 1/8". so needless to say im a little sore today and the only damage sustained was like an $8 part. so if anyone still has anything negative to say about the arms be my guest...i trust them 100%. im kinda glad i was on soft sand though. if it were dirt i would have been on my way to the hospital that night.