Do R2 pipes interfere with oversized gas tank?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what the title asks. I've got an IMS 5.5 gallon gas tank. My engine build includes the option of either CPI or Rocket R2 pipes, but the R2s look like they rise up and out quite a bit. Maybe enough to interfere with the oversized tank?

Yeah PM "Borrink Performance" on here.... :cheers:

Guys, I got a response back from a gentleman who was handling Tom's sales. To his knowledge, he believes the pipes will work just fine. He told me Tom would get back with me to confirm. Anyone else have input on the subject? Just looking at the pictures of the R2 pipes, it appears the expansion pipes will come in contact, or dangerously close to the IMS tank. My tank sits below the frame tube and out almost 2 inches, which is right about where people are trimming their front fenders to make room for the R2s.

Awesome, dude! I appreciate the close ups.

I think it will clear the tank... but it will be with minimal clearance. Maybe I can tweak things up on the tank and out on the pipes a little. Or use a little adhesive thermal barrier where the pipe faces the plastic. My tank sits about 1.5-2 inches wider on each side than the stock tank. Basically, where you've trimmed your plastics-on the interior-is where my tank reaches out to.

Anyway, thanks again for the pictures. I'll pick up a set of R2s soon and just play with them until it all fits. :cheers:

I actually contacted him for the same thing, never got a answer, don't know if he didn't get my message, but I was also concerned about the same thing.... But by the looks of that pic, it seems the pipes fit a clear distance from the frame..... I still doubt its going to be a save fit.... 10mm would be safe IMO....

Please let me know if you purchase a set and if they fit savely...

Thanks

• 1 month later...