Anybody running a DM cylinder in a duner on gas?

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who is running a DM cylinder on gas in a dune bike. (This will be a 4mil) I know most guys with DM's are running alky, so I just want to check to see if the DM cylinders water jackets can keep up with cooling the DM in a dunner application on 110 race fuel. (approx 110-120 HP) Any first hand info?

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who is running a DM cylinder on gas in a dune bike. (This will be a 4mil) I know most guys with DM's are running alky, so I just want to check to see if the DM cylinders water jackets can keep up with cooling the DM in a dunner application on 110 race fuel. (approx 110-120 HP) Any first hand info?

I was wondering this myself. Im intrested in a 10mm version.

I love it...a duner that requires 14 paddle rippers lol!

Damian, you know they are only 14 paddle extremes :lol:

And you know I dune it! ;)

Just looking to dump this damn Cheeteh motor, so I'm doing some research.(Your not worried are you?) :jesterlaugh:

I'm looking to hear from someone who has done it. Yes I'll be running in-frames, aluminum radiator and billet impeller with engine ice.

Lol, I was exagerating a little on the paddles and I am not worried....I have been sprayed many times in my days of dune racing, I would rather it come from a friend. Besides, I may even be able to talk you into letting me ride it sometime:)

I wish I could help you on the in's and out's of duning a DM, but I have not seen it done locally yet and couldn't tell ya. Not sure how the 4 mills are for kickback but make sure you consider all your protections etc. So u don't end up w/broken clutch covers, feet, and shins lol.

Loco is runnin a DM on gas....

Lol, I was exagerating a little on the paddles and I am not worried....I have been sprayed many times in my days of dune racing, I would rather it come from a friend. Besides, I may even be able to talk you into letting me ride it sometime:)

I wish I could help you on the in's and out's of duning a DM, but I have not seen it done locally yet and couldn't tell ya. Not sure how the 4 mills are for kickback but make sure you consider all your protections etc. So u don't end up w/broken clutch covers, feet, and shins lol.

HA,HA,HA So your gonna' be my jockey? :D You know I'd gladly have you take it for a test flight after last years "Massive Boundary Violation".

I'm getting in racer shape this off season. I've lost 30 pounds since you last saw me. :clap: "Game On" B)

So I'm breaking new ground with thinking about going with a DM as far as the whole MI scene goes huh? Something has me wondering if I won't end up with the same ache in my wallet that this stupid Cheetah motor has brought me. :(

You ready to do some more polishing? You know your my guy. :notworthy:

If you've lost 30 pounds since last I saw you, I might have you....you better look for another jockey Lol!!!

There are some dm's in the MI crew but not on gas and in a duner. And for anyone reading this thread, John means a duner, not a suspended drag bike. Everyone I know of is on Alky and on a drag chassis John.

And I am of course here for all your polishing needs!

Sounds like a GREAT idea John...."DM" will no longer stand for "dominant male".... It will now stand for "Dune Motor".. :headbang:

Mike

LOL. :headbang: Yeah, though I think the guys in my ride group would still say it stands for Dominant Male. :evil: I won't hold a candle to the suspended drag crowd though. Our areas full of guys like Damain who are rocking 10+mil cubs on alky and they are just insane fast.

But I like your thinking....anybody asks what I'm running, I'll just tell them a 4mill dune motor. :lol:

:confused: I can't be the only guy who wants a DM on gas.....

Anybody got some feedback on this question? It could be a suspended drag chassis, as long as your running it on the dunes and at least hot lapping it once and a while.....

Ditch the DM and go with a big block twister. Power Valves, reverse cooling block, higher coolant capacity, and their off-the-shelf porting is more copacetic to duning than the DM's. JMO though.

I've got a 472 P.V. cheetah now, and I want to drop it like it's hot. Twisters don't make the power per CC that the cubs or DM's make. I'm looking for 110+Hp with loads of torque.

Bump for a refresher. Any DM fans out there?

I've got a 472 P.V. cheetah now, and I want to drop it like it's hot. Twisters don't make the power per CC that the cubs or DM's make. I'm looking for 110+Hp with loads of torque.

Bump for a refresher. Any DM fans out there?

If your looking for a duner, then the Twister would be a better choice. Smoother powerband and better torque curve. Yes, the DM's make more HP per cc, but the Twister will be a better ride in a duner. The DM is going to get hot on ya in the dunes. Good luck with it though! Post pics when you get it all built.