Override

midlifecrisis

Hmm, depends on how much maintenance you want to dedicate to your transmission. I wouldn't ever have a banshee again without a duneable, and I'm a trail rider. It probably wouldn't be ideal for mx. To those of you that bought that bullet proof override, how are they holding up?

What I dont get is, as you are riding, if the centrifical forge of the engine is pushing the pivot points outwards, and compressing the clutch springs, then why doesnt the bike act like its in neutral then? Ultimately arent the weights doing the same thing as a clutch being pulled in?

What I dont get is, as you are riding, if the centrifical forge of the engine is pushing the pivot points outwards, and compressing the clutch springs, then why doesnt the bike act like its in neutral then? Ultimately arent the weights doing the same thing as a clutch being pulled in?

The weights spin out but pivot against a fixed point which leverages the pressure plate inwards, adding pressure, along with the springs. You're thinking about it in reverse essentially.

• 1 month later...

override for mx thats crazy you need the clutch cal wcr whitikarracing they have a promod tranny its micropolished and cyro treated gears and the shift drum is machined for a roller bearing all the gears are undercut 1-6 this is a great tranny and shifts smooth under big loads up to 120 plus hp also he mods the shift star it could get pricey but i love it he also offers micropolished forks they are well known in the atv industrie

override for mx thats crazy you need the clutch cal wcr whitikarracing they have a promod tranny its micropolished and cyro treated gears and the shift drum is machined for a roller bearing all the gears are undercut 1-6 this is a great tranny and shifts smooth under big loads up to 120 plus hp also he mods the shift star it could get pricey but i love it he also offers micropolished forks they are well known in the atv industrie

Is this the same company that was offering the "extreme" overrides? I can't remember what company it was for sure, but someone was selling extremes that were supposed to be able to take any abuse you could throw at it. I'm not sure if they ever got them working correctly or not?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...