nipple for swingarm

I am installing new bearings in my swingarm & I was told that I should install a nipple for the grease gun. The purpose for installing the nipple is, so that I can keep my swingarm bearings properly lubed so that they will last longer.

Anybody got any direction on the proper way to do this & best location for the nipple?

I am installing new bearings in my swingarm & I was told that I should install a nipple for the grease gun. The purpose for installing the nipple is, so that I can keep my swingarm bearings properly lubed so that they will last longer.

Anybody got any direction on the proper way to do this & best location for the nipple?

their slef tapping so just find out what size ur going to use and make sure u drill all the way through!! i have some here i can tell u what drill bit too use in a about an half hour shop is colder then a withches titty...

their slef tapping so just find out what size ur going to use and make sure u drill all the way through!! i have some here i can tell u what drill bit too use in a about an half hour shop is colder then a withches titty...

OK....I have some nipples that came with my lowering kit....I was going to take one from the rear lowering bar, but dont know the size drill bit to use for the nipple. Its actually the same size as the nipples that are already on the banshee.

What I did was find a drive-in grease zerk that fit the hole in the swingarm bolt, then welded the head end of the bolt shut, then cross-drilled the bolt and sleeve so the grease could get to the bearings. Works great. Just find the right size press-fit zerk and tap it in to the threaded end of the bolt using a socket or something so you don't crush the check valve. If you don't have access to a welder you could put a zerk on both ends of the bolt. You do want to make sure you cross-drill the bolt and spacer so the grease can reach the bearings though.

What I did was find a drive-in grease zerk that fit the hole in the swingarm bolt, then welded the head end of the bolt shut, then cross-drilled the bolt and sleeve so the grease could get to the bearings. Works great. Just find the right size press-fit zerk and tap it in to the threaded end of the bolt using a socket or something so you don't crush the check valve. If you don't have access to a welder you could put a zerk on both ends of the bolt. You do want to make sure you cross-drill the bolt and spacer so the grease can reach the bearings though.

That seems a little harder than just installing a nipple on swingarm.

Can you send pics of your swingarm with the way you got yours done?

That and you could possibley just be greasing the bolt and sleeve, and not the outside of the sleeve and bearings / bushings.

That's what I was thinking but it might work if the hole in the bolt is at both ends & opened up good enough to let grease into the sleeve/bearings area. But to me still seems a little harder.

Edited by 252wheelieking

Don't remember offhand. I bought a tap and proper drill at hardware store. Plus it was (gasp) SAE not metric zerk. Seems it was either like 10-28 or 1/4 - 28. I'll se if I can find it tomorrow. If your using a pound in zerk go to hardware and use their drill gauge and find size that it barely fits and get next size smaller .

Im using one of the screw in nipple from my rear lowering bar