easiest way to tell if a crank twisted?

I'm working on a '89 banshee and i'm completely stumped what it's problem is and was wondering is there an easy way to tell if the crank twisted? The issues it has are that the cylinder closest to the flywheel misfires or seems like it doesn't fire. and i've cleaned the carbs. with kit's and it has a new rm stator to cure a no spark problem. tors box is unhooked. spark is great. and timing marks don't line up. switching the plug wires doesn't change anything. and if i leave the misfiring cylinder wire off or take it off while ti's running it will die or won't start. So the short version is that one cylinder is firing at the wrong time. according to the flywheel and how it acts. any ideas?

I'm working on a '89 banshee and i'm completely stumped what it's problem is and was wondering is there an easy way to tell if the crank twisted? The issues it has are that the cylinder closest to the flywheel misfires or seems like it doesn't fire. and i've cleaned the carbs. with kit's and it has a new rm stator to cure a no spark problem. tors box is unhooked. spark is great. and timing marks don't line up. switching the plug wires doesn't change anything. and if i leave the misfiring cylinder wire off or take it off while ti's running it will die or won't start. So the short version is that one cylinder is firing at the wrong time. according to the flywheel and how it acts. any ideas?

depending on how bad it was it would take a degree wheel. get one piston top tdc with the head off and mark where the pickup is on the flywheel then do the other cylinder. inspect the fly wheel and make sure your marks are the same on both sides (position of mark on the raised surface) only way i know of without having a tdc tool, or degree wheel.

well, if the crank is, indeed, out of phase, it would be the right(clutch side) one out of time. start with adjusting your flywheel gap on both nodes, and check the coil-frame grounding for rust. then, the plug caps, and make sure there is good ground between the harness, frame, engine, and coil. rs are junk pretty often, so that new stator could be a problem, too, and i would never trust a rs flywheel.

If you changed the stator when you put the flywheel back on if you didn't tighten it with an impact the flywheel could be loose enough the shear the woodruff key (which is the key for the crank and flywheel) which would put your timing marks off it has happened to me before

If both pistons are at TDC or BDC at the same time. :headbang:

No shit, I wanted to know exactly what blueranger did to determine it was out of time- Did he stick something down the plug hole of each cylinder to determine when they are at TDC and BDC?Does he have the crank out so he can see if it is out of phase? From what I read in this thread, it sounds like he has had a timing light on it and the marks dont line up so he thinks the crank is twisted. But as I said before, the triggers and the supposed marks are both on the flywheel so that won't be accurate.