Issues With Tripledsracing - Dave

"heres a plate of dog poo. I said it was gold and you paid the price of gold, but I gave you dog poo and your stuck with it. If you dont like the dog poo, go find the dog that shat it out and ask him to change his diet"

Dave, I like you and I think this goes WAY deeper than your knowledge. If it was me, I would ask Art to give you a few days to figure this all out. In those few day I would contact who you bought it from and explain to him the deficiencies that were in the motor that were existing when you bought it. (not a DM, and not an 11 plate) If he is capable of refunding you or compensating you then great. If not and he wants to buy it back, then great. The crank, tranny, axle issues are your responsibility. I dont doubt that you were unaware of them, but bottom line is they exist and were not made knowledge. Art WILL NOT and WOULD NOT risk his business over a transaction like this. The fact that you think hes trying to pull something over on you is rediculous. I understand your frustration with all of this, but its un excusable to try and dance around it. Put yourself in his shoes.. He got half of what he negotiated to get. I hope you make this right. Justin IS NOT a builder, nor is he qualified enough to tell someone what the fix to the problem is gonna cost. The only way to FIX this is with a new cylinder, new clutch setup, and a new axle. (Jeff will not warranty that axle. It was in a tripple, and it was left loose. Its not his products problem) And as I see it, there are a set of carbs owed as well.. No matter what happens, I hope for both that this is made right. And both parties can sleep at night knowing it is ok.

Man I couldn't have worded this better myself!

As crazy as it is, in all of the drag bikes we have done, I have never had one issue with JJ&A so I am unaware of what they will do here on the axle...hence the fact that axle is in everyone of our bikes. I have to believe the crack may not be covered though beings it was caused by the hub being left loose, or loosening up due to no loctite. I will call them tomorrow and figure that out.

I think Dave has chilled out a bit, and is hopefully going to do exactly what you have written here. That is dead on as to what should happen. I would be happy either way, whether he work out something with the original owner, or take this bike back. I will keep everyone informed on what the outcome is.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any updates to this? It doesn't take this long to do what's right.

Triple, you WILL make this right or I will personally e-mail every ATV site on the internet and give them your screen name, e-mail address and IP address to ensure you NEVER sell anything anywhere again.

Ignorance is no excuse so stop using that line and make this right before I personally see to it that you are punished to the fullest of my abilities for this.

Are there any updates to this? It doesn't take this long to do what's right.

Triple, you WILL make this right or I will personally e-mail every ATV site on the internet and give them your screen name, e-mail address and IP address to ensure you NEVER sell anything anywhere again.

Ignorance is no excuse so stop using that line and make this right before I personally see to it that you are punished to the fullest of my abilities for this.

Wow you guys have been a great help.

Right now Dave is supposed to send $ to fix the crank end and main shaft on the tranny today. That still leaves the main issues which is the lack of 11 plate clutch as well as lack of DM. Dave is apparently going back to the original seller for possible compensation. That was yesterday, so I am hoping to hear something definite by tomorrow sometime.

I really do appreciate all the help from everyone, thank you again!

Wow you guys have been a great help.

Right now Dave is supposed to send $ to fix the crank end and main shaft on the tranny today. That still leaves the main issues which is the lack of 11 plate clutch as well as lack of DM. Dave is apparently going back to the original seller for possible compensation. That was yesterday, so I am hoping to hear something definite by tomorrow sometime.

I really do appreciate all the help from everyone, thank you again!

This is a shitty situation. I hope everything works out for you and he makes this right.

Keep us updated

Not being a smart a$$, just trying to be extra informative here. It seems there might be a little confusion on this Cheetah cylinder compared to a DM. It was stated on another site the only difference were in the bolt pattern. If the only difference were the bolt pattern it would definitely be alot easier of an issue to deal with, I definitely agree with that. Unfortunately there are differences literally everywhere. The DM has a single case stud between the intakes, whereas a Cheetah has two case studs between the intakes. The Cheetah uses a Honda 250 style reed, the DM uses a CR500 style reed. Intake, transfers as well as exhaust are also drastically larger on the DM casting. Of the three just mentioned the only thing this Cheetah shares with the DM is the exhaust flange sizing. I will post pics of the two cylinders next to each other, the non polished cylinder is the exact Cheetah cylinder received with this triple. The polished cylinder is a DM. I will also include a comparison of the base gaskets of the DM compared to the Cheetah. Both of these gaskets are uncut, matched just as the cylinders are cast from CP. The Cheetah gasket shown in the picture is the exact gasket that was pulled from the triple in question. I'm not trying to call anyone out, nor make anyone look bad. I'm also not saying this Cheetah wouldn't run, I'm sure it will, just not quite up to par with the DM. I purchased this bike for the lower end, not the upper end. The upper end and frame were being sold to help offset the price paid. A Cheetah upper end is not worth near what a DM would be worth, not to mention I had a guy already interested in the upper end but he has cases already cut for a DM. These cylinders would not work on cases cut for a DM in any way. I could easily buy new, but was hoping to save a few dollars on this build on the lower end parts.

TripleDCyl.jpg

TripleDGasket.jpg

Honestly chalk it up to putting far too much trust in others. My mechanic/fabricator was with me, I build the motors here as well. He nor I was there to tear this thing apart, had we thought there was a reason to worry about it we would have hawked it. Dave is all over every website out there, I had not reason to assume it wouldn't be a DM. We looked, it had a motor in it, a frame and four tires and we were on our way home. Lol It wasn't until we got home that we actually sat down and really looked at this bike. I would guess if we were buying it for the use of the cylinder we might have paid more attention, the cases/clutch/crank were all we were worried about at the time. Again, just trusted what it was said to be unfortunately.

Edited by PrecisionPowersports

on the carb deal i never posted what carbs or did he ask me and he seen them when we traded and he also seen that it only had 6 bolts on the clutch and told me he didnt think it was a 10-11 plate and i told him i didnt know for sure...also i sent out the 10 over swinger and will pay the 400 bucks plus the hood if he will agree to resolve this but here is my 4 sale post and it dont say what clutch or carbs was on it!..but all of this could have been avoided if his mecanic would have noticed the cyl which they had plenty of time to see it..but i want this shit resolved as well but if he is gonna drag my name in the mud then i aint sending anything but the swinger!..

http://www.planetsand.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1065928/1

i like what this guy posted on the jj&a axle and him being a builder should have seen the difference..

not trying to take sides but i have destroyed 2 jj&a axles and i know they were not left loose one the sprocket hub broke destroying the axle the other the axle broke and the wheel came off and all the hubs were tight i will never have another keyway axle on a high horsepower bike it only has one pressure point where a splined axle has one for every spline and i also whent to a billet chromolly axle and i'm not the only one who has had issues with jj&a axles and if you knew the differnces between dms and cheatahs you guys should have spoted that right off the bat when you and your mechanic started looking at it i've ran into you better be more knowedgable on what your buying than the guy selling because people don't always know what they have seen both sides of this people had more than they thought and less than they thought and less its up to you to make shure you get a good deal

on the carb deal i never posted what carbs or did he ask me and he seen them when we traded and he also seen that it only had 6 bolts on the clutch and told me he didnt think it was a 10-11 plate and i told him i didnt know for sure...also i sent out the 10 over swinger and will pay the 400 bucks plus the hood if he will agree to resolve this but here is my 4 sale post and it dont say what clutch or carbs was on it!..but all of this could have been avoided if his mecanic would have noticed the cyl which they had plenty of time to see it..but i want this shit resolved as well but if he is gonna drag my name in the mud then i aint sending anything but the swinger!..

http://www.planetsand.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1065928/1

i like what this guy posted on the jj&a axle and him being a builder should have seen the difference..

Not only did you tell us that it was an 11 plate in the parking lot when we asked about it having such a small clutch cover, but I will go ahead and show everyone here that you are lieing about never saying it was an 11 plate...here is the exact PMs I received. You might want to make sure you tell the truth Dave.

PrecisionPowerSports wrote:

"Who assembled this motor? Did it come to you fully assembled? Just curious."

Tripledsracing wrote:

"yea justin had fast freddie to do everything on it and we installed it and the only thing i done was took the clutch cover off and sealed the keyway...is it a 11 plate"

PrecisionPowerSports wrote:

"Just took the clutch apart, it is a 9 plate NMotion clutch set-up and not an 11 plate."

Tripledsracing wrote:

"my god!..u gotta be kiddin me if you want il pm justin and ask him about all of this and see what he says?..but when i took the clutch off i would have swore it had at least 10-11 plates on it which when i bought the motor he told me 11 plate in his add..does n-motion make a 11 plate clutch?."

Dave, you need to make good on the money/plastic for the crank end and tranny shaft...you said yourself this is something you are going to do. That is money for things that need to be fixed to get this bike going one way or the other whether you like me or not.

Edited by PrecisionPowersports

i cant believe this guy hasnt manned up and made this right yet! this guy really needs to make this right with you, as a matter of fact every time he talks about this you have enough proof to make him look like the lier that he has chosen to be. he should be given a deadline from loco and if he doesnt make this right he should be banned from this site and shunned from others this is total bs were not talking about a set of plastics here, this is a lot of money here good luck i say sue his ass this guy is a chump thief

From what I see your name has already been drug threw the mud. The fact of the matter is you advertised the bike as something that it wasn't and the only way to make it right is give him his stuff back , take your bike back, and next time know what your selling before you list it for sale. Just because you didn't know what you were buying when you got it doesn't mean it's ok to do the same to someone else. He should be totally refunded and then it's your problem to sort it out with the guy you got it from if your not happy. That's just the fucking way it is.