BJ Penn WOW!

Toomey Banshee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That BJ Penn would've never lost to Frankie Edgar. Totally different fighter as far as I'm concerned.

How about Rampage? I know Machida/Page wasn't terribly exciting, but I thought Machida would clown on Rampage. Rampage controlled the pace, was the aggressor, landed some good shots and took home the W. Machida did whip his ass in the 3rd, it was just too little too late. Some people at BWW where I was watching were dumbfounded that Rampage won. I thought it was a good decision.

That BJ Penn would've never lost to Frankie Edgar. Totally different fighter as far as I'm concerned.

How about Rampage? I know Machida/Page wasn't terribly exciting, but I thought Machida would clown on Rampage. Rampage controlled the pace, was the aggressor, landed some good shots and took home the W. Machida did whip his ass in the 3rd, it was just too little too late. Some people at BWW where I was watching were dumbfounded that Rampage won. I thought it was a good decision.

What bj penn ? he fought matt hughes that wasnt saying much and it only lasted 21 seconds. so i didnt really see much to say he would have beat frankie edgar. i like penn though.

I realy thought machida was going to do better with rampage. still think he should have one. even rampage himself thought he lost for sure.

What bj penn ? he fought matt hughes that wasnt saying much and it only lasted 21 seconds. so i didnt really see much to say he would have beat frankie edgar. i like penn though.

I realy thought machida was going to do better with rampage. still think he should have one. even rampage himself thought he lost for sure.

The aggressive, hungry BJ Penn. In neither fight against Frankie did BJ even look like he wanted to be there.

Matt Hughes had a three fight win streak and a lot of momentum coming into this fight. Plus, the last time he fought BJ, he won. BJ was on a two fight losing streak against someone who in all reality isn't even on his level.

Had BJ been hungry like he was against Hughes, he would still be the UFC LW Champ right now.

Try looking at the overall picture instead of just one fight.

I too thought Machida was going to toy with Rampage. Machida in no way won that fight. You cannot win a three round fight by decision by only winning one round. Rampage might not have done a lot of damage in rounds one and two, but he pushed the pace and controlled the Octagon. In the 10 point scoring system, he did more than enough to win those two rounds. Had Machida done a little more in the first or second, he would have walked out with the win.

Rampage is actually pretty humble when it comes to close fights. Back in Pride he tried to give his winning trophy to Ninja Rua after their close fight. So, that's not really out of character for him.

BJ was on a two fight losing streak against someone who in all reality isn't even on his level.

Try looking at the overall picture instead of just one fight.

If he "isnt even on his level" then why cant Penn beat him?

Please dont give us that hunger shit, he's a pro.

Penn couldn't get up to fight a guy that already beat him once?

I dont think your looking at the overall picture.

Its a match up problem.

Penn doesnt match up well with Frankie, bottom line.

If he "isnt even on his level" then why cant Penn beat him?

Please dont give us that hunger shit, he's a pro.

Penn couldn't get up to fight a guy that already beat him once?

I dont think your looking at the overall picture.

Its a match up problem.

Penn doesnt match up well with Frankie, bottom line.

I don't believe that BJ was motivated for either of those fights. To me, he's like the LW version of Anderson Silva. He wants big names, not guys like Frankie Edgar.

I don't feel it's a match up problem at all. BJ has beaten bigger and better wrestlers than Edgar many times. Edgar's only strength is his wrestling. His boxing and BJJ are lightyears behind BJ's. That's a fact.

A motivated BJ Penn beats any LW on this planet.

You think Edgar could go three rounds with Machida? Let us see how big of a picture you're looking at.

I don't feel it's a match up problem at all. BJ has beaten bigger and better wrestlers than Edgar many times. Edgar's only strength is his wrestling. His boxing and BJJ are lightyears behind BJ's. That's a fact.

Agreed. Hopefully BJ will stay motivated in this weight class. He gets to fight another guy from a wrestling background who can't finish fights Feb 27, so well see how that goes.

Agreed. Hopefully BJ will stay motivated in this weight class. He gets to fight another guy from a wrestling background who can't finish fights Feb 27, so well see how that goes.

I'm pumped for BJ/Fitch. Some say it'll be boring, but I don't think so. Fitch slips up on the ground and BJ will sub his ass. BJ's standup is arguably better than Fitch's too.

I'm pumped for BJ/Fitch. Some say it'll be boring, but I don't think so. Fitch slips up on the ground and BJ will sub his ass. BJ's standup is arguably better than Fitch's too.

Yea it should be a good fight. BJ is one of my favorite fighters and I like Fitch too. Fitch just has a boring way of grinding through his last wins. Would like to see Bj piece up Diego Sanchez again too now that they both moved up weigh classes.

I don't believe that BJ was motivated for either of those fights. To me, he's like the LW version of Anderson Silva. He wants big names, not guys like Frankie Edgar.

I don't feel it's a match up problem at all. BJ has beaten bigger and better wrestlers than Edgar many times. Edgar's only strength is his wrestling.

Silva doesnt loose though.

Its a match up problem. "BJ has beaten bigger and better wrestlers" / "Edgars only strength is his wrestling" .

Edgars strength has beaten Penn not once but twice.

When you say bigger and better ,do you mean bigger name? If so ,I would agree.

But skill wise ,they cant be that much better than Edgar, being that Edgar beat Penn twice.

If Penn overlooked Edgar the first time and got beat I would understand, but twice. :yank:

Edgar has Penns card Bottom Line...

You think Edgar could go three rounds with Machida? Let us see how big of a picture you're looking at.

Well ,I just finished watching the fights again (on the 72 inch Sony). Get the picture? ;)

I went back to check and see if their were any BHQ sponcer patches on BJ Penns fight trunks. lol

To be honest , I didnt think Rampage would last 3 rounds with Machida. He went on to win.

I didnt think Brock was going to loose to a man so much smaller then him. He got waxed.

I could go on and on ,ect,ect.

So to answer your question YES I think he could do it.

Yup, Frankie has BJ's number. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Frankie is 2-0, nuff said. BJ caught Hughes with a good punch and knocked his ass out. Plain and simple. As far as the Rampage/Machida fight I thought Rampage won the fight as well. Looking forward to the Edgar/Maynard fight coming up. Gonna be a tuff one.

On a side note, anyone else notice that Machida has a midget head on a full grown body thing going on?

Happy turkey day everyone.

Well ,I just finished watching the fights again (on the 72 inch Sony). Get the picture? ;)

I went back to check and see if their were any BHQ sponcer patches on BJ Penns fight trunks. lol

To be honest , I didnt think Rampage would last 3 rounds with Machida. He went on to win.

I didnt think Brock was going to loose to a man so much smaller then him. He got waxed.

I could go on and on ,ect,ect.

So to answer your question YES I think he could do it.

You do realize that the reason I made that reference is because BJ went the distance with Machida and lost a very controversial decision right?

You do realize that the reason I made that reference is because BJ went the distance with Machida and lost a very controversial decision right?

What, in Japan 5 1/2 years ago? Penn went up in weight to fight Machida and he lost.

No controversy, Machida TOOK IT ,the same way he has done to others, ask Rua.

If Penn could go 3 rounds with Machida why cant Edgar?(being that he beat Penn ,not once but twice) lol

I realize your not going to give Frankie Edgar his props.

I hate to break the news to you ,but your boy Penn is washed up ,just like Hughes.

They cant all be "The Natural"..................