Just got...

power

you may have to but get your mains set first. Also I would guess that 260s may end up being a little small but that depends on your other mods and your altitude. I am at 2200 feet with just a shaved head and aftermarket filter in the stock box. I ended up at 320s and 27.5 pilots. My bike came with 260s in it and also 2 melted pistons. My advice is start high and work your way down get the jetting right at wide open throttle and then mess with the needles, air screw and pilot jets.

you may have to but get your mains set first. Also I would guess that 260s may end up being a little small but that depends on your other mods and your altitude. I am at 2200 feet with just a shaved head and aftermarket filter in the stock box. I ended up at 320s and 27.5 pilots. My bike came with 260s in it and also 2 melted pistons. My advice is start high and work your way down get the jetting right at wide open throttle and then mess with the needles, air screw and pilot jets.

Ok thanks.

I'm 500feet(lower where i drive) above sea level.and on this time of the year here i usuly drive in cold weather.between 36 down to 2 around,pretty cold lol.

My engine is stock.only power reeds.

Edited by power

260 def sounds too lean, especially for this time of the year, needs to be richer in the winter than in the fall, i would order some 280 and 300's , just to be safe, like the other guy said start rich and work down, always better to be a bit on the rich side than the lean side

Ok thanks.

I finaly got the fattys on now.I took it for a ride for a few minutes.when i came back i notcied the left pipe was light brown(normal).but the right pipe didnt change at all.so i checked the air screws.and the left carb was 3 1/2 turn out,the right 4.0 turn out.my mistake.so i put them both on 3.1/2 turn out.took a little ride with the banshee for a few min.now none of the pipes changed color.i still havent got the enigne real warm.

i cant drive fast or so around here i live.i need to take it to a place i can ride for full and test it out.but i hope i have fixed the problem so far with adjusting the air screws.who knows.

Ok thanks.

I finaly got the fattys on now.I took it for a ride for a few minutes.when i came back i notcied the left pipe was light brown(normal).but the right pipe didnt change at all.so i checked the air screws.and the left carb was 3 1/2 turn out,the right 4.0 turn out.my mistake.so i put them both on 3.1/2 turn out.took a little ride with the banshee for a few min.now none of the pipes changed color.i still havent got the enigne real warm.

i cant drive fast or so around here i live.i need to take it to a place i can ride for full and test it out.but i hope i have fixed the problem so far with adjusting the air screws.who knows.

What do you mean the one pipe is brown? Like oil on the silencer tips? Are your carbs synced?

3 1/2 turns on the air screws are alot IMO.

What pilots are you running. I think the air screw is only effective to 2.5 turns out. The air screw and pilot are only going to have an effect up to the 1/4 throttle position. I think you would be best off taking it out somewhere that you can make a few wide open passes and check your plugs. get your mains set first and then worry about the air screw, pilot and needle.

Ok.

I can try to explain best as i can guys.my english aint the best lol.

i have adjusted the air screws a bit.in the start i had to much rpm and not much power on the wheels.so i turned the air screws out,then i felt i got more and more power on the wheels the more i turned them out.so now i feel 3 1/2 is good.but this was when i used stock pipes.

After i put the fattys on i havent got the chanse to try it full out.

What i ment with the color on the pipes is that when it gets warm it change color.the chrome changed a bit to light brown a few inches from the cylinder..no oil or nothing.

The pilot jets are stock.not sure what they are realy.

But can i fuck up the engine if the air screws are to much out?

and yes the carbs are synced.

Edited by power

i highly recommend a jet kit. aftermarket needle and or jets. but definitely a new needle. it will make a noticeable difference in how it runs. it will pull a little harder and such. i have the toomey needle but was wondering how an alba needle would compare or other aftermarket needle