Drive Sprocket Play?

corypro

Wow!! That bike has been neglected a long time.the only way to repair that , is to cut that nut and sprocket off and buy a new shaft and transfer all your gears over.givin the rest is still in good shape.i have that shaft, if your interested in it??PM your number.

Hell just build the teeth back up with a welder and call it good.

just grind he weld flush. the gear will come off.

So far everything has been working out fine. Upon inspection, the person who owned this bike previous to me used a 13 primary and what looks like a 42 on the rear. I was wondering if anyone had any experience they would like to share pertaining to these sprokets. I heard JT's have some play in them as well as MSR, Hard Drive, PBI and so on. Since this is one of the main reasons for replacing the sprockets I was wondering if you could recommend a good brand that has little to no play and is durable.

Thanks!

Edited by corypro

that sprocket is done, and my renthal seems not to have any play .thats a nice weld job 'lol'. it is not likly that your shaft spines have play more than likly it that sporket. so i would grid the weld off and buy a new sprocket and try it. if plays is still their then replace the shaft. but i have a ? why did it get welded in the first place, prob the theards r striipped and the shaft is no good anyways.if i was you i would buy a new shaft,sprocket, sprocket nut and washer, cascade will have everthing you need.