Clutch not disengaging

Eight

Hi :)

Looking to buy my first shee. Yesterday went to see a really nice one with front Öhlins shocks, Toomey T5s and some other goodies. Its in a really good shape and fair price. Quad has been parked for 1 year. Guy told me day before he took it out of garage, started it second or third kick, let it warm and when he clutched to engage first gear, clutch would not disengage. Quad changes gears clutch less, tried myself. Clutch lever moves engine clutch lever...

What do you guys think?

Edited by Eight

Hi :)

Looking to buy my first shee. Yesterday went to see a really nice one with front Öhlins shocks, Toomey T5s and some other goodies. Its in a really good shape and fair price. Quad has been parked for 1 year. Guy told me day before he took it out of garage, started it second or third kick, let it warm and when he clutched to engage first gear, clutch would not disengage. Quad changes gears clutch less, tried myself. Clutch lever moves engine clutch lever...

What do you guys think?

Could simply be a cable adjustment or actuator adjustment. As long as there is some movement in the basket you can get it set right.

SP

Sometimes the plates get stuck together. I've had it happen even after sitting for a few weeks. You can push it and get it rolling and then clunk it in gear or roll start it but the clutch wont disengage. To get em unstuck if thats what it is just ride it and get on and off the gas hard in 3rd gear or higher or up shift or downshift a few times and it should come unstuck. Otherwise cable,pusher, broken plates, or other as Spurdy said.

Sometimes the plates get stuck together. I've had it happen even after sitting for a few weeks. You can push it and get it rolling and then clunk it in gear or roll start it but the clutch wont disengage. To get em unstuck if thats what it is just ride it and get on and off the gas hard in 3rd gear or higher or up shift or downshift a few times and it should come unstuck. Otherwise cable,pusher, broken plates, or other as Spurdy said.

x2 on the cable adjustment.. You can burn a clutch out reaaaaal fast with the inproper adjustment

• 4 weeks later...

Clutch plates were stuck as with glue! Tried the 3rd gear fix with no luck so decided to open the clutch and had to use a flat srewdriver to separate them as carefully as possible. Then measured and the were alredy out of spec. Its gonna be a great machine once everything is fixed, was already amazed in it´s stock form hehe :cheers: