straight pipes on stock motor

ballsdeep

Whatever pipes you put on, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE SILENCERS! Even drag pipes use silencers, and the ATV segment has enough morons doing things like riding where they shouldn't, hit and run, and loud pipes that give us a bad name. We are continuously fighting for land to ride on and the big complaints are noise and damage to plants and land.Everybody needs to do their part and keep their bikes quiet. It does not do any good to have mega power if there is no place to use it.

hahahaha, these are 2-strokes....the pipes are actually like turbos. the shape stuffs the cylinders with a return pulse at and near certain rpm range. the silencers keep it tuned efficiently. without them, you loose power from lack of back-pressure. even removing the packing robs some power. that being said- if you want to run drag pipes, you are going to need drag porting, and build it around that. you will basically have shit for mid and bottom, which will make it hard/unpleasant to ride anywhere but the strip.

Do you realize that if you put straight pipes on a stock motor, the porting isn't going to match the pipe's power range.

For all I knew he was talking about "straight" pipes without "chambers", ala 4 poker , lol. Also a 2 stroke will run with no pipe, "straight" pipe , any pipe (expansion chamber) , but it will only run correctly (best) with the correct pipe for how the engine is ported. I agree with you that drag pipes do look sweet.

Edited by Larry's Shee

A stocker with all the bolt on stuff will run decent with a set of inframe CPIs.

You wont get the full potential of that pipe without some portwork but it will run pretty decent.

X2... I run CPI Inframe Drag Pipes and with my Wildcard Racing port work these pipes rip! On a more stock motor T'5 and PC's run awesome.