new banshee owner.... throttle cable question

Jtw

ok guys, im am a new banshee owner, dont know much about these 2 strokes at all. the banshee i bought came with a twist throttle. i have no clue what brand. i typically ride trails and dunes, and hate having a twist throttle. i just ordered the stock thumb throttle online to replace it. my question is do i need to purchase a new cable as well, will the cable i have on the twist not work on the thumb??? any help would be great???

ok guys, im am a new banshee owner, dont know much about these 2 strokes at all. the banshee i bought came with a twist throttle. i have no clue what brand. i typically ride trails and dunes, and hate having a twist throttle. i just ordered the stock thumb throttle online to replace it. my question is do i need to purchase a new cable as well, will the cable i have on the twist not work on the thumb??? any help would be great???

yes you need the thumb cable and disconect the carb sliders and y harness.dont scratch the needles either.

Since it has a twist, has the TORS been eliminated? Depending on if the TORS was eliminated, you may need a stock cable or you may need the cable from a TORS elimination kit for the thumb throttle. Are your carb tops just a round screw on cap or do the have an odd shaped box that the cable goes into? If it is a round cap, then the TORS has been eliminated.

Yes they are round. Thanks for the help. Will be recieving the stock cble sometime this week.

IMG00202-20100220-1914.jpg

See those big black boxes on top of the carbs in that picture?? If you do NOT have these a stock cable from yamaha will not work. If you do have these the cable will work however I suggest getting a TORS elimination kit and getting rid of them, they make tuning your bike a real pain in the ass and are notorious for causing no-start conditions.

New setup, new cable thats the way it works. I learned the hard way too, as I changed from a stock setup to a twist and didnt get a cable with it. Then I waited a week to get my twist cable in as well. By the way, does anyone want to buy a twist throttle setup, I only put one ride on it before I switched back to a thumb!

BTW, smart move buying a shee, welcome to your new addiction.