Serval Cat

No Limit Powersports

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Snop, are those sleeves similar to the iron sleeves that Cam at Redline shows on his site? I am trying to put together something along the elusive lines of have your cake and eat it to. I dig the serval, but would like to build something in the area of that cub you show the dyno sheets. I just cant get any info on what guys are really doing to them as far as how you got the torque and still got a good high 90' s in power.

Hey Snop, are those sleeves similar to the iron sleeves that Cam at Redline shows on his site? I am trying to put together something along the elusive lines of have your cake and eat it to. I dig the serval, but would like to build something in the area of that cub you show the dyno sheets. I just cant get any info on what guys are really doing to them as far as how you got the torque and still got a good high 90' s in power.

I have no clue if they are the same as what cam shows.

You get that hp and torque curve into the 90's by running low-mid parts on it. In most guys eyes that chart is far from having your cake and eating it too because most will argue the motor doesn't peak as high as where they would want it too peak at. For us it works amazing and gets the job more than done.

I think the Serval can make power similar to this with low-mid parts bolted onto it. Hp and torque wont be as high, but I think it would be in the upper 80's for hp, and mid 50's for torque numbers.

I really dont see this being a good comparison as you are comparing a crank dyno number to a chassis. Like i said on atvdra and Nate and most will agree there will be at least a 15% loss from one to another if not 20%. Not saying your setup is a bad setup or saying it didnt do what you posted, it did, but you are comparing apples to oranges.

Should be seeing a 421 at the door early this upcoming week. Got some details to work out - but am excited for the guy.

Happy isnt the word, precission is more like it its an animal, but im more proud you built it for me. Cant waite till next year I need some victims. All in all the serval cats are bad ass for their money. It takes your smarts too make it perfect. :headbang::headbang:banghead

Here is a dyno graph from another reputable builder

Specs are

he degree it all out

187 exhaust

123 transfer

180 tripples

35 pwk air strikers

VFIII

160 cranking compression

.05 squish clearance

Shearer Inframes

All off the shelf stuff with no porting at all

he also did the same setup with the cpi inframe and it peaked at 8400 just like mine

serval.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a chart last night for a motor that was ran on the crank dyno last year. It was a 68mm cub with 2mm hacked off the base of the cylinder. Run with a stock head re-domed, and 4 mill crank. On the crank dyno it put down 85.5hp and 50ft lbs of torque with pro circuits and 30mm mikuni flat slides. The chart lines were a nice gradual rise like the one I posted for that 7mm motor. It had around 1,600 rpm of torque backup on it. The torque came on really early, and Dave said it was super easy to setup the dyno on it. It needed almost no adjustment, and it put down the same numbers run after run consistently. Turns out I also rode the bike that motor was in last year as well. I remember it being a wheelie monster and pulling pretty damn hard.

To give you guys an idea of hp readings on this dyno: My stock ported 350 beats quite a few mx and torque ported 350's we ride with on the drag hill. I put down about 66.75hp and 42 ft/lbs of torque on this dyno.

We have a really good running 4mm stock cylinder that runs almost a dune port duration (about 189-190 exhaust) That bike beats most 4mm stock cylinders bikes on the hill. It put down 72hp and 47ft ft lbs of torque.

I really think pro circuits and smaller carbs should be tested on this serval setup.

Here is a dyno graph from another reputable builder

Specs are

he degree it all out

187 exhaust

123 transfer

180 tripples

35 pwk air strikers

VFIII

160 cranking compression

.05 squish clearance

Shearer Inframes

All off the shelf stuff with no porting at all

he also did the same setup with the cpi inframe and it peaked at 8400 just like mine

wow andy that would be around 97 at the crank :)

So go buy a set and do the testing if you really want to see how it will do.

Im not gonna buy a serval until my motor needs rebuilt. I would buy one sooner if someone tested this stuff and had the results though.

Shane may get one next spring, so I am sure we will test that one.

We will be building a serval, hopefully 4mm and 7mm.... At this time it looks like 7mm, with pro circuits.... If all works out well, I will keep you guys updated if you are interested.....

I will be cutting the stock head for this setup... All setups for 93 pump gas.... Nothing "serious" :-)

Pro Circuits all the waaaaaay!!