lowering kits

BANSH-alena-jol-EE

• 7 months later...

Has anyone else used these? Can you really jump on them my banshee is used for quite a few different things mostly on road so lowering on my standard shocks may benefit my bikes stance but sometimes I might go offtrack and may get a little bit of air, havent got huge money to spend on expensive shocks and arms so just wondered if they're worth it?

Don't do it. I tried to lower my bike this way, took about 3 day trips to totally toast my lower A-Arms. These create a lot contact points. With just the smallest amount of play at each point with your A-Arms bouncing all over the place on rough terrain, it doesn't take long to worble everything out and make it all very loose and clattery. My lower shock mounts were never quite right after I pulled the kit off.

Short shocks is the way to go. :clap:

To tell the truth most of my riding will probably be on the street, I may venture off onto a bit of 'green lanes' which are mostly flat loose gravel tracks that may have a pothole here and there, and budget is a big problem for me at the moment I'm just trying to look at different options.