huge banshee issue - need hectic help please

ll

My banshee was perfect, jetted correctly and running stronger than i have ever felt after the new topend.

i re bored it, new pistons rings etc..

it just happened out the blue while riding, as i say the strongest power i have felt from the bike since ive owned it - about 30 minutes of power bliss

what the bike did is, while riding it would just die in revs and there was no acceleration then it would come back to life and die again until i was at a standstill. checked spark and there was none.

i have gone to 240 mains to 340 mains with no difference - carbs are sync'd with a carb sync tool. if while idling i put the choke on it wants to stall/die like flooding occurs - put it off and the bike returns to normal revs.

i have since put on a new coil, new harness, cdi, plugs, plug caps, ebrake is eliminated, no tors connected, no lights (if that counts)....

the bike stats first kick (just barely a kick and its up) and it idles perfectly and revs out (my trailteck vapor shows that it revs to 9500+ rpm) but absolutely no power and doesn't feel like its revving as high as it should (although the vapor shows differently)

it does smoke a lot like a blueish smoke when i open the throttle full to accelerate with no power at all

The e brake is physically not connected at all, not even on the handle bars just not there

so strange how it happened while riding... banghead

extra info i have new blue rubber NGK plug tops rated 5k ohm, bpr8es plugs, pickup gap checked, plug gap checked, fresh topend, air screws 1.5 turns out, cleaned carbs, foam air filter off (for the sake of testing), choke tube in tact.

any help is much appreciated - any info you need let me know

ll

My banshee was perfect, jetted correctly and running stronger than i have ever felt after the new topend.

it just happened out the blue while riding, as i say the strongest power i have felt from the bike since ive owned it - about 30 minutes of power bliss

what the bike did is, while riding it would just die in revs and there was no acceleration then it would come back to life and die again until i was at a standstill. checked spark and there was none.

i have gone to 240 mains to 340 mains with no difference - carbs are sync'd with a carb sync tool. if while idling i put the choke on it wants to stall/die like flooding occurs - put it off and the bike returns to normal revs.

i have since put on a new coil, new harness, cdi, plugs, plug caps, ebrake is eliminated, no tors connected, no lights (if that counts)....

the bike stats first kick (just barely a kick and its up) and it idles perfectly and revs out (my trailteck vapor shows that it revs to 9500+ rpm) but absolutely no power and doesn't feel like its revving as high as it should (although the vapor shows differently)

it does smoke a lot like a blueish smoke when i open the throttle full to accelerate with no power at all

The e brake is physically not connected at all, not even on the handle bars just not there

extra info i have new blue rubber NGK plug tops rated 5k ohm, bpr8es plugs, pickup gap checked, plug gap checked, fresh topend, air screws 1.5 turns out, cleaned carbs, foam air filter off (for the sake of testing), choke tube in tact.

Their is a line that connects the 2 carbs together, its a pretty big line. My buddys banshee did this, he could not figure out what the fuck was wrong. and he noticed the line had fallen off. he put a new one on and it ran like a charm. See if its missing!!

Their is a line that connects the 2 carbs together, its a pretty big line. My buddys banshee did this, he could not figure out what the fuck was wrong. and he noticed the line had fallen off. he put a new one on and it ran like a charm. See if its missing!!

That would be the choke tube.

Have you done a leak down test?

you said there wasn't spark?

ll

Ahh ic you put at the end the choke tube was in tact. Never mind then..

Ok i currently have a stator from an rd350 - looks like the below (not mine just for reference)

BansheeHack10.jpg

i will do a leakdown test today and post results together with a compression test.

there wasnt spark while i was riding and it died, and then came back to life then died again (all in motion till a standstill).

then i replaced all the mentioned and it started but doesnt rev powerfully and no powerband (red blue or yellow :jesterlaugh: )

it doesnt make sence.

make sure the flywheel didn't come loose, and the stator groundS are still in tact. also, ohm out the stator. is it even capable of putting out more than 20 something volts? the banshee cdi needs minimum around 20 to kick over, then gets close to 200v while running.

ok compression is good (145psi) 6000ft elevation.

leakdown doesnt hols any air.... what does that mean - i cant hear where the air is going/escaping.

my exhaust ports are extremely oily and wet and the pipes too, its feels like a thick oil (like engine oil - not 2 stroke) what does that mean?

i am changing to a 4mil crank soon and 4mil ported jugs so ill just leave the bike for now and tear it all down and put it back together and see what happens when all the new parts are on.

thanks for your suggestions ill keep you posted when my parts arrive (hopefully 1 weeks time) and i get time to do it all.

Edited by thebrittishguy

ok compression is good (145psi) 6000ft elevation.

leakdown doesnt hols any air.... what does that mean - i cant hear where the air is going/escaping.

my exhaust ports are extremely oily and wet and the pipes too, its feels like a thick oil (like engine oil - not 2 stroke) what does that mean?

i am changing to a 4mil crank soon and 4mil ported jugs so ill just leave the bike for now and tear it all down and put it back together and see what happens when all the new parts are on.

thanks for your suggestions ill keep you posted when my parts arrive (hopefully 1 weeks time) and i get time to do it all.

had this same thing happen to a stock bike of mine!! Odds are it is the stator going south on you... it will start of popping missing, cutting in n out, then before you know it no spark at all, period no mattter what you do.. my recommendation to you is get a new stator (oem), also not sure how much oil you have in the pipes but if your getting alot of smoke out one cylinder and lots of oil i would suggest changing your crank seals... you do not have to remove the top end if you are good, just split cases and with crankshaft fixed to upper case, and give yourself enough room to install new crank seals,... start with stator, if not change crank seals, just my .02 worth

not trying to undermind you.....but are you doing the compresion test right? have you pulled your exhaust off and made sure the exhaust and the carb holes are sealing up correctly?

IF they are.....then you have a really bad air-leak.....this is PROBABLY why your banshee felt like it was runnin super strong...cause it was leanin itself out...

best bet would be to do a 2nd and then a 3rd leakdown test just to make sure that your getting an accurate test.

not trying to undermind you.....but are you doing the compresion test right? have you pulled your exhaust off and made sure the exhaust and the carb holes are sealing up correctly?

IF they are.....then you have a really bad air-leak.....this is PROBABLY why your banshee felt like it was runnin super strong...cause it was leanin itself out...

best bet would be to do a 2nd and then a 3rd leakdown test just to make sure that your getting an accurate test.

x2 on yhe leak down test and even spray the cavities on the bottm of the cases,I've had little hair line crack right under outer crank bearings and would lean it out on topend of the power curve and run rich on the botom end.leak down test is the most important test to run on a two-stroke.hope you get it figured out