1/8 mile gearing

drag+6blaster

I'm running 16t/ 40 rear with 19 in. tire's. 1/8 pass was 7.8 sec

:cheers: good times..Thats were i want to be .. Whats your setup, Are you running a stock swingarm(I am)? Do you have a wheelie bar( i dont)? They're two 4 strokes here that run 8.0-8.2. (Honda450r..&polaris Outlaw525).They usually beat me by a bike or a half a bike. The plan is to get the setup dialed in then find some good mid to high pipes and port cylinders to them and just tell people we just changed pipes to"" let it breath better.. .. Its true right,, haha the bills start to fall off soon after the rpm's (powerband) comes in

:cheers: good times..Thats were i want to be .. Whats your setup, Are you running a stock swingarm(I am)? Do you have a wheelie bar( i dont)? They're two 4 strokes here that run 8.0-8.2. (Honda450r..&polaris Outlaw525).They usually beat me by a bike or a half a bike. The plan is to get the setup dialed in then find some good mid to high pipes and port cylinders to them and just tell people we just changed pipes to"" let it breath better.. .. Its true right,, haha the bills start to fall off soon after the rpm's (powerband) comes in

Slowerthanyou is right about the tire's. I've tried hoosier's but couldn't get good launch. So got american racer tire's from F.A.S.T. hook's good of the line. Running a 392 cub on pump gas. 39 pwk's, shearer in frame pipes, +10 swing arm, 12 in. rear marvin shaw. I don't have a wheelie bar yet. saving some money for a bigger motor on pump gas. Race gas out here is very expensive. 113 oct. is $65 for 5 gal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I am really not sure about a blaster. I know on banshee's for the 1/8 you want your gear ratio between 2:38 to 2:50 for 1/8 mile.

So divide your rear sprocket number with your front and that will give you your ratio.

do it matter what size motor for gearing for 1/8 asphalt im going dmx an have never dealed with gearing tring to learn lol