Nikasil an iron sleeve?

probably but if i were you i would do just the cylinder and skip the sleeve. the sleeve acts as a gaurd against the cylinder. honda came up with this idea to get rid of the sleeve completely so i would use it for that purpose. if you blow up then the sleeve itself could become damaged and then you would still have the same problem. so in short. i would do just the cylinder and get rid of the sleeves

probably but if i were you i would do just the cylinder and skip the sleeve. the sleeve acts as a gaurd against the cylinder. honda came up with this idea to get rid of the sleeve completely so i would use it for that purpose. if you blow up then the sleeve itself could become damaged and then you would still have the same problem. so in short. i would do just the cylinder and get rid of the sleeves

You can't run the cylinders without the sleeves.. They have to be there.. no way around it.

what methyman said. You can nik the steel sleeves.

i think i'll just yank the sleeve out and run some 72 mm pistons and have a super sleeper. lol

thanka for the conformation guys . i was curious cause i might do it to hold on to the port work i have cause i really like the way it runs with the hjr job i have

Edited by robert0762

You can resleeve with ported cylinders. The sleeves will have to be port matched.

If your going to do that you might as well run big bore sleeves too. Dont get the huge ones. I had a pair of drag ported cylinder resleeved by dan a patiot racing. He used a 66mm-68mm sleeve. People claim that big bore sleeves choke down the transer ports. My 66-68mm sleeves still had aluminum in the transfer ports, so they were not any smaller than stock sleeves.