Info on Trinity 421cc motors

I was thinking about buying a 421 cheetah cub motor from trinity, but i have a few questions about. Could any of you tell me a price range of how much it's going to cost me to get the complete kit, porting, v force reeds etc.. I was also wondering what kind of port job would be best, because I do alot of trail riding so im not looking for an all out drager I'd like that mix of top and bottom end power. I also want to know what size carbs would be best and if the motor would be good running on 91 octane. More importantly Im wondering how long Id last on a full 3.2 gallon tank of gas, and if the tr6 pipes I have right now would go good with it.

This is the first thread i post so please don't chew me out if i did something wrong.

I was thinking about buying a 421 cheetah cub motor from trinity, but i have a few questions about. Could any of you tell me a price range of how much it's going to cost me to get the complete kit, porting, v force reeds etc.. I was also wondering what kind of port job would be best, because I do alot of trail riding so im not looking for an all out drager I'd like that mix of top and bottom end power. I also want to know what size carbs would be best and if the motor would be good running on 91 octane. More importantly Im wondering how long Id last on a full 3.2 gallon tank of gas, and if the tr6 pipes I have right now would go good with it.

This is the first thread i post so please don't chew me out if i did something wrong.

I've got a buddy that had a Cheetah Cub motor and he loved the power distribution. Know up front that most people, including me, think Trinity's customer service is the worst. The pricing should be found on their website. Can't comment on the porting you should get. And Trinity will tell you that only their pipes will work. I don't believe that bu t I doubt T6s would be the way to go. Fuel consumption will be determined by carb size and more importantly by porting flow.

SP

i persoanly would check out the site sponosors first. Wildcard racing has really good work and he will talk to you about everything you want to know. Diskoe has his engine done by him. i think what a lot of people are going to tell you about Trinity is if they build your engine you have to use there pipes heads etc. i have no experiance from trinity just from what i have read. Other will chime in just be prepared to get a mixture of responces like they suck or there good shit like that

I wouldnt use trinity for anything EVER! They will screw you in a second. years ago I had a motor done by them and they gave me a price and then when the bill came time to pay because the motor was done it was MUCH more than they had stated. I was pissed but what can you do when they have your motor. you have to pay. I think they have so many complete motors on ebay all the time is because they screwed the eyes out of a customer and ended up with their crap.

They are also very wll known for selling you a motor or cylinder package like their cheetahs with either an odd piston/rod combo or wierd piston that you can only get from them and they contract with wiseco so you can only get their "special" trinity piston from them at like $235 each instead of a $80-100 blaster,banshee, jetski piston like every other builder has in stock.

Use any of the real customer driven builders not them please. Any site sponsor on here is a good start as are many other good builders.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKIN HATE TRINITY RACING THEY SUCK !!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site. :)

I'll help you out with this one. Start by going to the "Product Reviews" section and reading the "Trinity Blows" post. (Sadly, I've owned 2 Trinity motors so I'm doing you a favor here)

Then look into finding a nice 4 mill stroker stock cylinder motor, maybe with a big bore for the less expensive blaster piston. The cub will not fit what your looking for well. It will use alot of fuel and isn't the best choice for trail riding. Your T-6 pipes are fine for a bone stock Banshee motor. (That's what they were designed to be best on.) But on modded motors or anything bigger than stock.....they suck. Sorry, anything you do to add performance will require different pipes. I'd recommend keeping an eye out in the classifieds. You will get more for your money buying a running motor from a member, than starting from scratch. Good Luck.

I have never heard a positive comment about Trinity, and I think Windycity is right, a 4 mil stock cylinder would suit you much better. I love mine, great power and reliability. It is much easier to get you're questions answered when it is the same guy answering the phone every time. Do you're self a favor, call Herr Juggs Racing!

FUCK TRINITY!!!

Called WildCard and never looked back...do ur self a favor and do the same...brandon can build u what ur looking for ..and will help u choose whats best for ur style of riding...( pipes carbs...ect) all that wit a simple call on the phone... customer service to rave about as u can see.... lol

DiSkOe*1

yea, never bought anything from them, but I did have some work done. Got a quote over the phone for the ENTIRE setup on the cases to run a big dm, thought I was getting a killer deal (this was wayyy back in the gap, when I was fresh.) Anyway, just as the guy above said, when the work was done, they called with the bill and it was a few HUNDRED dollars more than what they originally quoted me. But what can you dodowntoilette.gif . That was bad enough as it was, but come to find out, when I actually received the cases, they weren't fucking ported as they said they were going to do, and the damn epoxy on the back wall looked like crap and obviously would'nt hold up. But I was an idiot and tried it anyway, and wadda ya know, I was right! Lk everyone else says, fuck em. Go with a site sponsor, I had a play bike done by F.A.S.T. and it was both fun and fast. Good luck

FUCK TRINITY!!!

Called WildCard and never looked back...do ur self a favor and do the same...brandon can build u what ur looking for ..and will help u choose whats best for ur style of riding...( pipes carbs...ect) all that wit a simple call on the phone... customer service to rave about as u can see.... lol

DiSkOe*1

Wildcard's work and customer service is kick ass! :headbang: