pre mix

Just a heads up the manual says to run yamalube at a ratio of 25:1 I thought that sounded very rich but if I was using yamalube i'd mix it how its recommended by factory.

25:1 is WAY too rich , I dont care what anyone says.... 32:1 or 40:1 with a good oil and 92 octane......period

25:1 is WAY too rich , I dont care what anyone says.... 32:1 or 40:1 with a good oil and 92 octane......period

Do the new containers of Yamalube really say 25:1? I thought that was just in the old manuals and old labels on bikes from back in the day when 2 stroke oil didn't have the lubricating properties it does today. I had an '87 banshee that had a label on the fender that said 20:1 or 25:1 and I thought that was the reason. I ran 32:1 for a while but have run 40:1 for years now.

SP

I've used Klotz Super Techniplate at 40:1 for 30 years in everything I've owned that had ports.

IMO it is the best premix.

We must be careful when talking "rich/lean" when it comes to premix ratio. Rich/lean usually refers to air/fuel. This causes a lot of confusion on other 2 stroke forums because a 20:1 permix will run a lot leaner than a 50:1 mix.

Do the new containers of Yamalube really say 25:1? I thought that was just in the old manuals and old labels on bikes from back in the day when 2 stroke oil didn't have the lubricating properties it does today. I had an '87 banshee that had a label on the fender that said 20:1 or 25:1 and I thought that was the reason. I ran 32:1 for a while but have run 40:1 for years now.

SP

my manual for my 2008 says to mix it @ 24:1, crazy.

all this talk about "omg, that's crazy mix" but no has mentioned jetting, in regards to how to mix based on fuel delivery/use. yah, it may sound bad to throw that much oil in there, but when the bike is new, stock with snorkel and all, you need that much more oil to keep up with the limited amount of fuel carrying it. the more advanced the oil, the less you need, since it will hang around longer to protect the engine, before burning off. the higher the jetting needs, or fuel use, really, the less you need to add oil, hence less mixture of oil in ther fuel will get you the same amout of lube... i would not trust yamalube to not separate, etc at more than 32:1, personally.