banshee boost bottle?

huh, my shee came with one, whats bad about them?

Only thing they will do is crack your stock intake boots over time, leading to an unknown lean condition if your not on the ball.

We all know what happens when there is an unknown air leak >>> Combustion.gif

Stock cross over is more then fine.

Also they take up lots of room and look stupid.

i modified my boost bottle first u take it off then u lay it on a hard surface like concrete then go find the biggest hammer u can find and beat it repeatdedly until its flat then throw it in the scrap bin and put ur stock crossover tube back on guaranteed u wont regret it

i modified my boost bottle first u take it off then u lay it on a hard surface like concrete then go find the biggest hammer u can find and beat it repeatdedly until its flat then throw it in the scrap bin and put ur stock crossover tube back on guaranteed u wont regret it

i dont have the stock crossover, whats it made out of, rubber? could i make one outa fuel line?

i dont have the stock crossover, whats it made out of, rubber? could i make one outa fuel line?

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=379

hmm, im gonna fix all of the stuff that needs to be done first (axle, bearings, plastics, lights, u get the picture lots of work, lol), then ill probobly look into the crossover tube. 80's yamaha dirtbikes had boost bottles named yeis (yamaha energy induction system), that helped with low end, how come it doesnt give you throttle response on the banshee's, and wouldnt they have stopped selling them by now if they were useless?

hmm, interesting. looks like my banshee came with a boost bottle. what exactly are they "supposed" to do?

Nothing. Read my post at the top.

This is nothing new.

Honestly 200+ posts about it and thats no joke.

hmm, im gonna fix all of the stuff that needs to be done first (axle, bearings, plastics, lights, u get the picture lots of work, lol), then ill probobly look into the crossover tube. 80's yamaha dirtbikes had boost bottles named yeis (yamaha energy induction system), that helped with low end, how come it doesnt give you throttle response on the banshee's, and wouldnt they have stopped selling them by now if they were useless?

The claim that they boost lowend power, but in reality they cause your intake boots to crack, which causes an air leak and then your motor blows up. That should be reason enough to remove it NOW, or you will have more to fix. Is it worth risking your motor blowingup over a $15 part? The reason that they still sell them is that there are still suckers out there buying them. If they can sell it they will because that is money in their pocket, they don't care if you are happy with it, only that they are getting richer.

Edited by bansheesandrider

The claim that they boost lowend power, but in reality they cause your intake boots to crack, which causes an air leak and then your motor blows up. That should be reason enough to remove it NOW, or you will have more to fix. Is it worth risking your motor blowingup over a $15 part? The reason that they still sell them is that there are still suckers out there buying them. If they can sell it they will because that is money in their pocket, they don't care if you are happy with it, only that they are getting richer.

Ding ding exactly.

Im still to this day trying to think of something to invent and sell that has a cool name but does nothing good at all also. Stay tuned. :ph34r:

Hats off to the boost bottle inventor for the get rich quick scheme. thsmilies.gif