To Pod or not To Pod......

Trying to decide whether to get pods or just run box with no lid. I don't wanna have pods and not be able to ride somewhere cuz it's a little muddy or if it starts to rain while riding. Are they that sensitive?

Bump. I just stripped everything but carbs and motor off of my Shee. Made me want pods. Just looks cleaner and seems like less of a hassle, but I would be interested to know anyone elses take. I mainly ride sand and desert trails, so water doesnt seem to be an issue for me.

pods are great for tuning as you dont have to stuff around with a stupid airbox and they do look a whole lot cleaner.

but as soon as you go through a decent puddle youll suck a heap in, if you going to get water and shit all over it, run a box with no lid and the lil plastic bung removed from the bottom of the box.

if you like, go pods in summer and box in winter.

if your just in sand and there isnt much rain/water in your area i would def go with pods but not foam pods, get the k&n style pods your shee will love you for it, it breaths so much better and if you get the right size you wont have to clean them all the time. it is so much easier to get around the pods for tuning and if you need to take things apart it just takes to clamps and a tug then they are off but with the air box it may take a little more work.

I cut my air box and used a pro design adaptor and ran a k/n filter so it cleans it up but still have to use stock mounts for whats left of the air box its less of a pain in the ass on the next bike i will be using k/n pods much better for tuning.

hi, i want to run no lid on my air box, but i noticed that the air filter isnt held on right without it, and dirt can just fall into the air boot cause the filter is just floppin around without the lid to hold it in place. what can i do to fix this or should i just slot the lid with a box cutter or something.

I run them on my banshee and my old quadracer had one. It gets wet and muddy here and I haven't had a problem without a prefilter. Obviously I don't hit the puddles too hard or if their deep. The biggest thing is cleaning. I have to clean after every trip. (I am getting some also just have been to lazy to go measure my filters) As already stated get them with outer wears and you'll be fine. They are supposed to help keep water out also. If I were you I wouldn't get one of the angled ones just to prevent mud/water from being splashed directly on the filter.

Pat you can also get an outwear that replaces the lid. Wont fix the filter issue but will help keep the airbox and your filter cleaner. Ive seen them for about twenty bucks.

Edited by prssantana

Trust me, If you are going to run w/o a lid you can't even run a stock filter. I am sure you could rig something up, but I am pretty sure you won't like it. If you put a wanted ad on here for a pro-flo adapter and filter of choice, you can prolly pick it up pretty dirt cheap. Your filter then has something to clamp to and you are all set to run w/o lid, w/Outerwares box top filter, etc...

Vitos sell the outerwear lid for $22. It the same material as an outerwear it just covers the airbox. I don't know how to make a link but just go look under air filter and its in there. Its called a box lid outerwear. btw the outerwear isnt going to fix the issue if your filter is loose. Do what sheefreak said

Edited by prssantana