lesnar vs carwin

VictorK

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carwin.. first round KO

Only reason im taking him is Lesnar has never had his chin tested... its going to get tested and I think he will fall.

Carwin.. first round KO

Only reason im taking him is Lesnar has never had his chin tested... its going to get tested and I think he will fall.

lesnar isn't gonna go down easy, he's a very confident fighter with lots of strength and speed. I think carwin has a chance but is the under dog

You have to break this one down..

Standup - Carwin. Hard hitting, good punch placement, good chin (Gonzaga fight).

Wrestling - Lesnar. Not even close in my opinion. Lesnar is the much more decorated wrestler.

Cardio - Lesnar. He's gone into more later rounds than Carwin. I think he can keep up the pace longer.

Size - Lesnar. I have heard reports that Brock will not be cutting weight for this fight and come in right at 265. Carwin is apparently coming down from about 290. While Carwin may weigh more, Lesnar still has the overall size on him.

Speed - Lesnar. The guy is fast. He can move very well and will be able to stay away from Carwin's big bombs if he needs to.

Explosiveness - Lesnar. The guy is big and can get himself moving very quickly.

Athleticism - Lesnar. The guy is the better all around athlete. Not taking anything away from Carwin, but Brock is like a bigger version of GSP. Almost a complete package that can and will execute his game plan at will.

I am taking Brock in this. I don't think ring rust will be an issue. He has been training with Randy who we all know is a master game planner. I look for Brock to stay away from the big punches. He will get inside quick and go for the take down where he will work the ground and pound. I am thinking Brock by TKO in the 2nd. The later this fight goes the worse Carwin's chances get. He needs to finish in the first or second round or I believe he will gas.

You have to break this one down..

Standup - Carwin. Hard hitting, good punch placement, good chin (Gonzaga fight).

Wrestling - Lesnar. Not even close in my opinion. Lesnar is the much more decorated wrestler.

Cardio - Lesnar. He's gone into more later rounds than Carwin. I think he can keep up the pace longer.

Size - Lesnar. I have heard reports that Brock will not be cutting weight for this fight and come in right at 265. Carwin is apparently coming down from about 290. While Carwin may weigh more, Lesnar still has the overall size on him.

Speed - Lesnar. The guy is fast. He can move very well and will be able to stay away from Carwin's big bombs if he needs to.

Explosiveness - Lesnar. The guy is big and can get himself moving very quickly.

Athleticism - Lesnar. The guy is the better all around athlete. Not taking anything away from Carwin, but Brock is like a bigger version of GSP. Almost a complete package that can and will execute his game plan at will.

I am taking Brock in this. I don't think ring rust will be an issue. He has been training with Randy who we all know is a master game planner. I look for Brock to stay away from the big punches. He will get inside quick and go for the take down where he will work the ground and pound. I am thinking Brock by TKO in the 2nd. The later this fight goes the worse Carwin's chances get. He needs to finish in the first or second round or I believe he will gas.

good job breaking that down loco, I want to say 1st lesnar but I think 2nd also. I'm gonna say lesnar will come out strong and carwin will hang until the 2nd, in which time lesnar will knock him out like a man who catches someone in the act of stealing his fuckin banshee! Haha

lesnar isn't gonna go down easy, he's a very confident fighter with lots of strength and speed. I think carwin has a chance but is the under dog

where is this knockout power lesnar has? He couldnt finish a beat up Heath Herring. I didnt say he will go down easy, but IF carwin hits him, all the confidence in the world cant save you from getting KO'd by a punch like Carwin has..

I agree with Tyler, if Brock can avoid getting hit in the first two rounds, Lesnar could get the takedown and the win. I just dont have much use for Lesnar, he is a dick, and does not really impress me that much. Everything i think he is good they show the heath herring fight on Spike and I just think... wow, this guy is the heavy weight champ, Granted that was his 2nd fight, but still he only has 5 total fights.

where is this knockout power lesnar has? He couldnt finish a beat up Heath Herring. I didnt say he will go down easy, but IF carwin hits him, all the confidence in the world cant save you from getting KO'd by a punch like Carwin has..

I agree with Tyler, if Brock can avoid getting hit in the first two rounds, Lesnar could get the takedown and the win. I just dont have much use for Lesnar, he is a dick, and does not really impress me that much. Everything i think he is good they show the heath herring fight on Spike and I just think... wow, this guy is the heavy weight champ, Granted that was his 2nd fight, but still he only has 5 total fights.

I hear ya. Honestly I've watched all lesnars fights but not carwins. I just know Brock is a beast and he's coming in to this fight at his best. Tomorrow were gonna find out who's the top ufc heavyweight

I agree with loco lesnar has all the advantages however his chin hasnt been tested and its no secret carwin is going for the knockout. he has very little chance otherwise that very fact is his weakness brock will be well prepared for carwins punchs.

i agree with loco I think brock will wrestle him tired in the first round and go for the ground and pound.

carwin should have let him up when he still had some gas in his tank. At least it was a finish, little more respect for brock after tonight, wasnt a dick, and won by a sub.

Damn, I was almost spot on. I picked 2nd round but I said TKO. Nice sub by Brock. Like I said, if Carwin didn't finish in the first he would be fucked. They guy had nothing after the first 4 minutes.

We also learned that Brock can take a punch from the hardest hitting guy in the game and recover quite well. It's going to be tough for anyone to beat him, especially with his underrated ground game.