Stock class regulations

zr2highrider

Ok, this may sound like a dumb question but its got me thinking.

I ran my first hill climb last weekend in the stock 2 stroke atv class in troy. I was wondering what you can and cant have done to your engine. I got on kingofthehill.org and couldnt find anything. I have ported cylinders and dont want to run in the moddified class. (No offence but you guys are crazy...and crazy fast). I ran a 8.5 and a 8.1 and just wanting some more power to get into the 7's.

Hey man, my name is Tyler Clark. I run at Troy. I have the silver Banshee that ran the 5.8 on the left side and the 5.9 on the right. I didn't know there was anyone here that climbed at Troy.

The stock class has always been a pipes only class. No extended swingarm, no porting, no nitrous, no alcohol, etc.

Of course, it's always been on the honor system too because we can't check your internals. But I can assure you, there are people who can tell if you have a ported motor. It has always been kind of an informal rule that if you win the stock class, you move up to the modified class and give it a whirl as well.

Ya I saw ya run up there. You got a pretty sweet quad!

My name is Cameron and was runnin the black and blue banshee with the white seat.

Im new to climbin but have done it for fun on dirtbikes. I picked up this quad about 6 months ago and im still gettin used to it.

But anyways, im looking for some cylinders to run in the stock class but for right now im kinda stuck with these ones. I just dont want to piss anyone off and im just being honest. Im just doin the "run what ya brung." Other than the ported cylinders, im pretty much running everything else stock internal wise and same with the frame. (i got pipes, reeds, and k&n pods)

So what is all boils down to is it ok to run my quad up there in the stock class untill i get some diffrent cylinders or should i move up to the modified class?

Edited by zr2highrider