Another 2 stroke oil thread

Hey guys not beating a dead horse here, but I just got my kid a 03 RM 125 and we are trying to figure a good all around oil for the harescambles and for the trails. I am running Klotz tecniplate in it now, that's what the previous owner was using but, I have been hearing great things about Motul 800. I read from several users that it burns clean and there is no carbon on the top end when you open it up? Anyone using Motul 800 in the shee. I am running Amsoil interceptor 40:1 in the shee right now, but looking at making the switch to Motul. Anyone using Motul 800??

Edited by Newtome03shee

It dont get any better than the interceptor oil

I always liked the maxima castor oil. Im more interested in the protection then anything and it offers alot. I have heard of cases where if you realy dog it or run alot of it like 28:1 it gummed up the power valve some. If I remember right its supposed to help fouling to. I've use motul im not sure exactly how to judge an oil to much. To me a thicker oil is a more protective oil the motul seemed more watery but it burns very clean and smells like bananas before its mixed, when it comes out not so much. My father used amsoil dominator in his kx500 at 32:1 and the power valve worked FLAWLESLY. No carbon build up or anything and it seems to protect pretty dang good. Just my opinion I guess good luck! :cheers:

ive used motul 800 in my banshee since day one (which is only 2 and a bit years haha) and its great, just a bit expensive. I run it at 40:1 93/avgas mix and my bike cops a bit of high rev punishment, as they should and in so many "please dont blow up, please dont blow up moments" it just hasnt haha, ive kept 6th pinned for soo long so many times and it just keeps on keeping on. When i pulled my motor down at 70hrs a while ago, everything looked brand new, it was a shame to pull it down hah (but it was to slow :) ). I'd like to say ill see how this engine looks in a few years but i wont last that long haha i need more power :D

i have no reason to change oils.

Motoul 800 is a good oil. Klotz R50 would be a good oil too. Especially if your wanting to run the same oil in both your banshee and RM125. Klotz supertechniplate is a good oil but it does contain 20% caster oil. Caster oil burns dirty, wich means power valve mantinence on the RM. Klotz R50 is a super clean burning 100% synthetic oil.