Banshee wont shut off

i know its not running to lean. it could be a air leak. my compression is bad. 100 left side 122 right side. im taking the heads off tonite ill look around in there

If you have an air leak it IS running lean. It may have been properly jetted before, but once an air leak develops it is getting more air and is running lean. Before you pull the head, I would do a leakdown test to see if you have any air leaks and then pull it down and do a topend job and fix any other problems you have.

Edited by bansheesandrider

If you have an air leak it IS running lean. It may have been properly jetted before, but once an air leak develops it is getting more air and is running lean. Before you pull the head, I would do a leakdown test to see if you have any air leaks and then pull it down and do a topend job and fix any other problems you have.

i took the head off and it was running rich. i took off the cylinders and i have a bad ring on the left which was at 100 psi. i had plenty of gas in it around 1/4 tank. wen i get it fixed i will do a leak down test. before i torn it down i drove it like an hour and i didnt have the problem but its still bloging. the reeds didnt look the best. so you guys think by putting new reeds and reed spacers it might get rid of some of the blogging?

Edited by Corndiddly5885

alright thanks. anybody know about the reeds and reed spacers.

Happened on my jet ski its called a runaway.....you can yank the spark plug boots and it will still run...its running on the compression of the engine and is really lean......AIR LEAK......if it happens again while trying to solve your problem CHOKE IT OUT