Finished intalling full exaust. Got big problem now. Need help plz!

Hey guys. I ordered Toomey T6's pipe kit wich comes with jets and Uni filter. and waited 2 months to get them in. They finally got in and i was super happy till i finished intalling them.

Ok so installed the full exaust, i put the jets in as i read it in the instructions. One is for high altitude/above see level, the other for low altitude. Im in NYC so i used those.

I installed the pipes, jets, and Needle which it said in the instructions to adjust to 4th mark. I did. I finished putting everything back together and was super happy. I even put new plugs in.

Now here comes my problem. When i went to start the quad nothing happened.I kept trying, still notihng. I then got a friend to push me to pop it, and it started. It runs crazy though.

The problem im having is that after i get it started i have to keep slightly touching the throttle in order for it to stay running. Now the biggest problem is that when i press the throttle 1/100th of the way down(the least i could press it) it revs as if i was pressing it all the way. WTF this is driving me crazy. What could it be>

So my throttle has absolutely no response. As soon as i slightly touch it the least it could go, the engine revs like im WOT it.

Could someone please try to think of what could be causing this..

Thanks alot guys, Al

I don't know much about jetting yet but I bet someone's going to tell you to go with a 27.5 pilot jet and move the needle to the middle position.. Could be wrong but I think that is the general starting point. It's things like this that make me hate the idea of a "kit".. The company selling the kit just assumes 1 jet for high altitude and 1 jet for low altitude riding. You'd be better off buying a range of jet sizes and playing until you get it dialed in. Good luck.

sounds like you may have a stuck slide, or pulled cable. that slight pressure tells me that the tors is activated. start by making sure the slides bottom out and are synced, that the choke tube is in place, and everything is where it came from. after that, if it's not screaming, and will idle ok, but you still have to touch the throttle to take up the freeplay, then you can unplug the tors controll module, which is located under the gas tank on the left, near the coil. it's a little 1.5x1.5x3/4" black box with a 3-wire pigtail. i strongly urge that you make sure the throttle operates good before unplugging it. tors main reason is run-away safety, butit can screw-up and get screwed up and give you a big problem, killing the spark.

Yes i have to figure this out because its driving me nuts. The quad starts only if im pressing the throttle extremly litely. But then once she starts if i press the throttle the smallest amount humanly possible, she starts screaming like i pressed it WOT. I tried riding it like this for a min and she was spitting all over the place. Sounded like a pinging back fire. Hope i could get this resolved since im dying to see how she rides with new pipes.

All help appreciated and keep in mind i dont have to much experience with Banshee, so specific help would be great. Thanks

Thanx. Any other ideas greatly appreciated since im going to have to tear her down tomorrow morning again.

Yes i have to figure this out because its driving me nuts. The quad starts only if im pressing the throttle extremly litely. But then once she starts if i press the throttle the smallest amount humanly possible, she starts screaming like i pressed it WOT. I tried riding it like this for a min and she was spitting all over the place. Sounded like a pinging back fire. Hope i could get this resolved since im dying to see how she rides with new pipes.

All help appreciated and keep in mind i dont have to much experience with Banshee, so specific help would be great. Thanks

Thanx. Any other ideas greatly appreciated since im going to have to tear her down tomorrow morning again.

sounds like u either have the carb slides in the wrong carbs or the slides are not on correctly. do u have the carb bowl gaskets on right. go back over everything. im sure it is something very simple..

It also sounds to me like the slides are in the wrong carbs. I strongly recomend that when you are working on the carbs, you only take one apart at a time and/or you mark which carb the parts came from as there are differences in the two carbs.

I actually let someone do it for me, and should have done it myself. Its the last time i allow someone to fix my Banshee for me.

I was there while he was doing it and seen him open one carb at a time, so i doubt he mixed one with the other. Regardless, im sure you guys are rite in saying its something with the carbs since thats the only thing that was changed in the process, and everything worked great before the pipes got switched.

Im going to get up early tomorrow and pull appart the carbs and make sure everything is the way it should. Its driving me crazy since i waited sooo long to get these T6's in, only to now bump into this problem.

Thanks again guys, your the best!!

sounds like you may have a stuck slide, or pulled cable. that slight pressure tells me that the tors is activated. start by making sure the slides bottom out and are synced, that the choke tube is in place, and everything is where it came from. after that, if it's not screaming, and will idle ok, but you still have to touch the throttle to take up the freeplay, then you can unplug the tors controll module, which is located under the gas tank on the left, near the coil. it's a little 1.5x1.5x3/4" black box with a 3-wire pigtail. i strongly urge that you make sure the throttle operates good before unplugging it. tors main reason is run-away safety, butit can screw-up and get screwed up and give you a big problem, killing the spark.

ak is right on in this one. i had the same problem and it was just my tors still plugged in and my idle screws and throttle cable adjustment just needed to be adjusted. not as big of a problem as it seems. good luck

I´m not an expert here but what about lean pilot jet and/or wrong mixture screw settings? Hard to start and reving fast.

Wrong slide in a wrong carb... Take a look at yout right side carb. Push the throttle and look if you can see the drilled dot behind the small window. If you can see it you have the right slide in the right carb.

-Pasi S.

Yesssss. I finally fixed it.

So i finally got up early today to work on bike and try to figure out what my friend did wrong when installing my pipes.

On the right hand carb, i looked at the little window as someone here mentioned doing, and noticed it didnt look rite when i pressed the throttle. I opened up that carb and noticed that the slide wasnt going down. it was stuck in the up position. I figured out that the carb has a little groove on the side wall that has to line up with a small indent that sticks out inside the carb when putting it back together.

Anyways i slid it on the little groove, put it back together, fired her up, and PRRRRRRRRRRRR. First kick!!!!!!!

BTW: The T6's really woke her up. Its like night and day from the stock setup. Definately could tell the difference on the first run. Looks like therye nice pipes.

Thank you all for the great help. Awsome site!!!!

Edited by bansheenyc77

Yesssss. I finally fixed it.

So i finally got up early today to work on bike and try to figure out what my friend did wrong when installing my pipes.

On the right hand carb, i looked at the little window as someone here mentioned doing, and noticed it didnt look rite when i pressed the throttle. I opened up that carb and noticed that the slide wasnt going down. it was stuck in the up position. I figured out that the carb has a little groove on the side wall that has to line up with a small indent that sticks out inside the carb when putting it back together.

Anyways i slid it on the little groove, put it back together, fired her up, and PRRRRRRRRRRRR. First kick!!!!!!!

BTW: The T6's really woke her up. Its like night and day from the stock setup. Definately could tell the difference on the first run. Looks like therye nice pipes.

Thank you all for the great help. Awsome site!!!!

Honestly your mistake was letting someone else work on your bike. I never let anyone one else touch my carbs or mess with my jetting. With all the info that's on this site here, you can easily do the work yourself and most importantly pay attention to detail. Carbs are really easy to work on but you can really easily screw them up. Like mentioned before do one carb at a time take your time and again don't let anyone else touch your bike unless they know exactly what they are doing.

Honestly your mistake was letting someone else work on your bike. I never let anyone one else touch my carbs or mess with my jetting. With all the info that's on this site here, you can easily do the work yourself and most importantly pay attention to detail. Carbs are really easy to work on but you can really easily screw them up. Like mentioned before do one carb at a time take your time and again don't let anyone else touch your bike unless they know exactly what they are doing.

I agree 100%. That was my biggest mistake, and a lesson learned.

From now on im going to be doing all my work myself.

Thanks.