wheeling with rear strut

drag+6blaster

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking to find a different length rear strut to fix my problem. should i go shorter or should i go longer? and i have a 17 ftriront sprocket should i us it instead of a stock 13 front? trying to race friday.

I have given you part of the answer. We have around 900 passes on the asphalt with quads, but what do I know. Have some patience Grasshopper; going fast takes time, effort and experience. Your results are directly affected by you.

BK

I have given you part of the answer. We have around 900 passes on the asphalt with quads, but what do I know. Have some patience Grasshopper; going fast takes time, effort and experience. Your results are directly affected by you.

BK

Doing what i can, I got my nutz on the gas cap, riding the clutch out a lil to get it rolling before i drop it, I've not revved it too much from the line, Hell its go be a new ball game because we checked the clutches and some burned, 3rd fiber plate was missing the fibers . so new clutches are in the mail. its not the rider . the bike runs good numbers (not goning to put my times ) but there fast for the mods i have ... personal message me if you can help with setup or advise

Edited by drag+6blaster

Doing what i can, I got my nutz on the gas cap, riding the clutch out a lil to get it rolling before i drop it, I've not revved it too much from the line, Hell its go be a new ball game because we checked the clutches and some burned, 3rd fiber plate was missing the fibers . so new clutches are in the mail. its not the rider . the bike runs good numbers (not goning to put my times ) but there fast for the mods i have ... personal message me if you can help with setup or advise

I'm not interested in the PM thing. If I'm going to help out, I will share it with everyone. Too many people want information, but do not want to provide any information. I could care less about your times, if you are happy with them that's all that matters. You fail to realize, the time slip holds the key information for tuning your quad!

I'm not interested in the PM thing. If I'm going to help out, I will share it with everyone. Too many people want information, but do not want to provide any information. I could care less about your times, if you are happy with them that's all that matters. You fail to realize, the time slip holds the key information for tuning your quad!

oooooooook what you want to know?

oooooooook what you want to know?

Have you done what already has been recommended? Adjustable rear strut with LH & RH rod ends/heim joints and would like to see it on the fronts also. We prefer marvin shaw shocks up front over struts, but have used both.

You need to change you gearing, but the 17 tooth is too big. Unless you are not providing your true mods to the quad. 36 PWKs sound pretty big for nothing supposedly done to the motor.

BK

Edited by SlowerThanYou

Have you done what already has been recommended? Adjustable rear strut with LH & RH rod ends/heim joints and would like to see it on the fronts also. We prefer marvin shaw shocks up front over struts, but have used both.

You need to change you gearing, but the 17 tooth is too big. Unless you are not providing your true mods to the quad. 36 PWKs sound pretty big for nothing supposedly done to the motor.

BK

nope,stock internal second rebuild 64.50mm pistons,no porting, all mods are in the first post.

Edited by drag+6blaster

UPDATE

changed the rear strut length. Seen some improvement when test launching on the highway. But got rained out so.... I can't compare highway to a VHT prepped drag track. will give track update when i get there. Thanks SLOWERTHANYOU got to really thinking about the swingarm angle,, and i think I understand what you mean and what it does even with the strut

UPDATE

changed the rear strut length. Seen some improvement when test launching on the highway. But got rained out so.... I can't compare highway to a VHT prepped drag track. will give track update when i get there. Thanks SLOWERTHANYOU got to really thinking about the swingarm angle,, and i think I understand what you mean and what it does even with the strut

Still, the best way to go on the rear is an adjustable strut. Loosen 2 jam nuts and twist either way for your adjustment. A 1/8" in either direction can make a big difference.

Now you need to work on the sprockets. The 13 tooth is part of your problem also.

Still, the best way to go on the rear is an adjustable strut. Loosen 2 jam nuts and twist either way for your adjustment. A 1/8" in either direction can make a big difference

Now you need to work on the sprockets. The 13 tooth is part of your problem also.

t

Yeah figured it was geared to high so got a 17 tooth front ....it a lil tamer out the hole but its a pulls strong on the topend. and i know my Bill's exhaust is a low-mid range but what pipe as more of a mid to high range for a stronger powerband

Get a lockout clutch and tune it like a 2-step,if your clutch is set it and forget it you become consistant.I also learned a hell of a lot from slower than you.If not for him I would still be trying to slip a lockout out of the hole.I get to the line hold it wide open and dump the clutch and let the lockout do its thing,my 60ft times are in the 1.4s now which affects the whole run.If you dont want 2 do a tranny do a shift kill button so you dont have to use the clutch,staying on the pipe is a big deal.I allways launch in first

Get a lockout clutch and tune it like a 2-step,if your clutch is set it and forget it you become consistant.I also learned a hell of a lot from slower than you.If not for him I would still be trying to slip a lockout out of the hole.I get to the line hold it wide open and dump the clutch and let the lockout do its thing,my 60ft times are in the 1.4s now which affects the whole run.If you dont want 2 do a tranny do a shift kill button so you dont have to use the clutch,staying on the pipe is a big deal.I allways launch in first

Hey, someone actually pays attention to what I say. LOL!

Drag Blaster, you went from one extreme on the front sprocket to the other. IMO 17 tooth is too much for that motor.

BK