Clutch gasket question?

I´m replacing my clutch to my RZ 350 street bike and my OEM gasket was cut in several pieces.

I don´t have new one so can I replace it with "motor sealant" or something like that??

May sound stupid question but I need to know.

Thank you.

-Pasi S.

OK thanks guys!

Yes -the RZ 350 and RD 350 31K 1983-> models are water cooled (RZ USA and Japan, RD Europe).

I´ll try to find a new gasket. I know that they are sheap, but hard to find from anywhere near me.

If I can´t find it today I will but it back together with motor-sealant and look how it works.

The reason for this question was that I was thinking if the gasket holds the oil a little longer with the clutch when I´m turning to left. The gasket is so funky looking. ( hope you understund what I´m trying to tell here - HEH!)

-Pasi S.

i would just use rtv but if u think u need a gasket cut one out of a cereal box then add rtv to each side or u can go to auto zone and get a sheet of gasket material and cut it out. but IMO that gasket is so thin i dont see how that could effect anything.

the end of the shift shaft sits against the case if you don't use a gasket it gets in a bind....try it

You all have to realize Pasi S. is in Finland , no Autozones ,lol . I would try using Permatex non-hardening gasket sealer especially where rips (cuts) are . I think making a gasket would be last choice . It's not impossible , but it's a pains taking job , I've done it. Second choice would be RVT (silicon) , nice bead, let set little bit , set cover on ,start screws , but dont tighten , let set couple hours , then snug screws. Then when you get new gasket replace it. If this has to go through a translation program I hope you understand it . Let us know how it turns out.

I put it back together with the black-oilproof-motor-sealant-I think it´s like RTV- silicon-something like that-thing! LOL!

It holds the oil in, so that´s enough for me.

Went for the test ride with it yesterday and it´s good. Gears and clutch is working like new.

-Pasi S.

(I can understund 99% of your english! 1% is when it "bogs" or "back fires"... HA ha!)

I put it back together with the black-oilproof-motor-sealant-I think it´s like RTV- silicon-something like that-thing! LOL!

It holds the oil in, so that´s enough for me.

Went for the test ride with it yesterday and it´s good. Gears and clutch is working like new.

-Pasi S.

(I can understund 99% of your english! 1% is when it "bogs" or "back fires"... HA ha!)

sorry i did not know that you do not speak english some times i use short hand when i typ and my spelling is bad

the shift shaft always sits against the case thats what holds it in place

no kidding..but when you put the cover on with no gasket there is not enough clearance sometimes.

Edited by AWR