hid headlights

I need better headlights, I drive at night a lot and the stock ones get overdriven like crazy. I was wondering if anyone has tried to install HID lights on their Shee and if so were you successful or did something get seriously effed up. Thanks

my buddy runs them on his. they look good and a lot brighter. no problems yet

You will need to do a DC conversion, and run a battery. HID's draw a ton of current to get started, but once "ignited" they will only pull 35w each. The same as your stock bulbs. This is where the battery comes into play, to give them the extra "jolt" it takes. WAY brighter than stock, and the bulbs don't get anywhere near as hot. Great addition in my opinion.

I have the PIAA bulbs. Side by side with the Tusk, the PIAA's are brighter, but probably not worth spending 35 bucks a piece on them, so those Tusk's are a viable option.

i agree for the price they are worth it. and benb yes the are alot brighter than stock.

You can do LED or HID, both require a DC Conversion. A battery is only mandatory with the HID setup. Here is the LED light I did on mine with the dc conversion and a battery. I powdercoated the bracket black shortly after this photo was taken. This is when I was building the bracket.

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02089.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

trail tech also makes a 13w along wit a 35w.... dont let the small watt fool u... they are bright... im wantin to do 2 in stock location and 2 on handle bars... should be able to see real nice wit bar lamps... nice to have light where ur are turnin... that is my next mod...

DiSkOe*1

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to do a DC conversion, and run a battery. HID's draw a ton of current to get started, but once "ignited" they will only pull 35w each. The same as your stock bulbs. This is where the battery comes into play, to give them the extra "jolt" it takes. WAY brighter than stock, and the bulbs don't get anywhere near as hot. Great addition in my opinion.

how much would the HID install probably cost

I'm running 2 of the single 10W LED lights from Vision X I got through Snop and they're stupid bright. Just a dc conversion is all that is needed with them. Best $200 I've spent in a long while. All my friends say they can see their shadow in their headlights if I'm behind them.

I'll eventually put 2 more on the bars. That should be retarded bright.

Edited by Whitbread