Best way to paint wheels?

SonOfSand

Hey guys, I have some douglas .125 wheels and I want to paint them black. What is the best way to do it?

Thanks.

I'm contemplating using spray on rocker guard on mine.

How I would do it:

If the tires are mounted scotchbrite the wheels, wash, dry, mask off tires, 2-3 coats of primer, 4-6 light coats of the rocker guard. Done.

I understand, thanks for all the input guys.

I painted my rears on my Banshee over a year and a half ago and they're still holding up great.

I orginally just painted them for a quick fix because I had a trip planned and didn't have time to get them powdered.

As mentioned above, scotch brite, wash & dry, 2 or 3 coats primer, 4 or 5 coats paint. Give it a shot, it's almost free.

• 5 months later...

I painted my rears on my Banshee over a year and a half ago and they're still holding up great.

I orginally just painted them for a quick fix because I had a trip planned and didn't have time to get them powdered.

As mentioned above, scotch brite, wash & dry, 2 or 3 coats primer, 4 or 5 coats paint. Give it a shot, it's almost free.

Are they still painted or...

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into PC'ing my wheels and it was almost as expensive as buying some new black wheels......I went with the cheap route of painting them and it holds up pretty well riding in the sand. I usually touch them up every couple of trips.....However, I will be buying new wheels/tires soon.