Launching in 2nd

Damnit Bob

your only at 140-150 commpression?/ seems kinda low. Im at 185 on similar build??? I do run straight race gas though and had domes cut for that. Definantly go down on pilot. I also run stock gearing but like I said ive been considering playing with it a little. Ive been told to go up on the rear. IDK. mabey Ill just leave it after reading all this.

I think you are geared to high.15-41 is what i run on my 72 rollout tires on my 421 cub on alky.I would drop 1 tooth in front.Try it you will like it.How long of swingarm do you have?

I have a +4 swingarm.

Thanks for all the responses, guess i will just have to bring a stock pile of gearing and jets with me to the track this weekend. On a side note, anybody going to West Michigan Sand Drags this weekend?

I have a +4 swingarm.

Thanks for all the responses, guess i will just have to bring a stock pile of gearing and jets with me to the track this weekend. On a side note, anybody going to West Michigan Sand Drags this weekend?

whad ah u stupid o sumtin? hamma down and pop da clutch dum dum :lol:

I agree with the pilot 100% go down to a 48 or 45. Also your gearing is quite a bit too high for a second gear launch with what you have tire/motor etc. I'd run stock gearing 14/41 or even a little lower like 42/43 in the back. It will still run 70-80 mph in 5th with lower gearing.

BINGO!!! I have the same set-up running 50/50 pump and c-12, 20cc 4mm domes, +6 timing, 35mm pwks, with 45 pilots, cel second from top, and 158 mains. I had 48s for pilots but responded like crap. Through in the 45s 1 1/2 turns out on the air screw and now it launches HARD in second. Go down on the pilot.