Jetting Help Needed!

I got a 01 Banshee that i believes needs rejetting. i bought the bike all the way in Ohio (above 1000ft) and i live in New York (about 40ft). Its all stock except for FMF Fattys with powercore silencers and K&N filter with airbox lid removed. ive had the bike for about 3 years, but today is the first time i have really rode it out. I rode on the street for a few hours...and not just in a little yard like i normally do...(its really hard to find a good place to ride in NYC). ive noticed that the bike kind of bogs or stalls when pushing the throttle passed 3/4s then all of a sudden the power may come back out. it also gets hot really quick and ive seen blue smoke after riding hard and fast. i read the "Yamaha Banshee Technical Information" section on carbs and i see that i am having the same symtoms as mentioned in the article. from what i understand, i believe i am running lean. I was looking at the Dynojet Jet Kits Stage 2. http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q400.pdf would that fix the problem??? what jets do i need?? needles?? sizes?? ive never jetted before so any help would be great. any recommendations will be greatly accepted.

Info on my location:

*Jamaica, New York

*About 40 feet above Sea Level

*I ride between 40 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit

i tried to be as clear and descriptive as possible.

Thanks

-Mike

it would greatly help us to know what your current jetting is. i would say that you should be at a 27.5 pilot and about a 280 main jet. i would pull the jets out of one of the carbs and see what youve got. that will tell us a lot more. then we can get you set up with only the jets you need, instead of some worthless kit.

it would greatly help us to know what your current jetting is. i would say that you should be at a 27.5 pilot and about a 280 main jet. i would pull the jets out of one of the carbs and see what youve got. that will tell us a lot more. then we can get you set up with only the jets you need, instead of some worthless kit.

Alright, will do...thanks. I will let you know soon.

• 2 weeks later...

all you need to do is twist the carb or pull it out and take out the screws on the bottom of the carb. make sure you shut off your gas first. there should be 4 screws that hold the bowl on.

I have finally opened up my left carb today. The clip on the Jet Needle (5N7) is on the second groove from the top. My main jet is a 260. the pilot jet is a 25.

in addition to my 1st post, i also forgot to say that it is hard to keep the bike running when starting it after a while. if you do get it started, it sometimes cuts of after a few seconds. you have to keep reving is slightly to try to keep it on. I am wondering if its the idle screw, but the bike idles at a good level once its warmed up.

after doing a ton searchin the forum, i think ive made the desision on goin with 290 main, 30 pilot (ive read that FMF Fattys like big pilots), and 4th clip down from the top of the needle. what do you guys think? Will that be too rich? Or should i go with 280 main and 27.5 pilot?

Info on Banshee:

*No port job

*stock carbs

*FMF Fatty Gold Series Pipes

Info on my location:

*Jamaica, New York

*About 40 feet above Sea Level

*I ride between 40 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit