What is wrong with my bike

okay so last winter i took my bike apart for paint. my only mods at the time was a k&n filter and fmf gnarlys. Throughout the winter i added v-force 3's, Shearer SB IF pipes, HJR dune/hillshoot port. I upped the main jet to a 330 on stock carbs (tors removed). My elevation is 1100' and its typically 70*-80* out.

Once i got everything installed i used klotz oil 32:1 mix, brand new NGK BR8ES plugs. Fired it up everything sound good, let it warm up then went out to break it in. Not even one minute into the ride the bike started cutting out on the left cylinder and then i couldn't go past 1/10 throttle, it would just bog on me. Not sure if this is a spark issue or a fuel issue. I couldnt get an accurate reading from the plugs because i rode it bogged out for a good 400' back to the garage. Then i let her cool down, pulled the plugs they were a nice caramel color. started it up, let it get warm and went to go for another ride and just dies on me again.. It will sit and idle just fine but the second i add throttle it bogs. I dont have tors unit, parking brake and throttle sensor on it. Nothing electrical has changed since before i tore it apart. ran great before.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

well I would personally check the thing that you changed. I'm guessing reeds maybe or carburetion

it honest to god runs great cold. To me it feels like once the spark gets hot it starts fading away.

i checked the carbs also. But like i said i couldnt get an accurate reading from the plugs. I jetted to what Kevin Herr told me should get me close to what i need. I jetted it really rich in the past and it would still run, not great but it would. but i have ran it lean too and could get a good 20 minutes out of it before it felt like something was wrong.

Make sure were your coil mounts you have all the paint cleaned off,that is were your coil grounds it has to make good contact there.

i have not taken the paint off where the coil mounts.. its starts right up and sparks great until i ride it. once i take it for a ride its like it the spark is diminished.

Did you sync the carbs?

yep carbs are synced

---------------------------------------------

what about break in with shearer pipes. i know they are a top end pipe. do you think i might be flooding out the plugs as soon as i ride it, because i dont want to rip on it beings im trying to break it in. but the again i really dont think it would matter if i hopped on and just started ripping.

sounds rich to me... back out the main.... u now have more power on same carbs right? means u draw in more air ...in terms drawing in more fuel out same jets than before... sounds wrong to smaller jet more power than u had before... but its how it works..

DiSkOe*1

sounds rich to me... back out the main.... u now have more power on same carbs right? means u draw in more air ...in terms drawing in more fuel out same jets than before... sounds wrong to smaller jet more power than u had before... but its how it works..

DiSkOe*1

okay so what do you think about 300 mains? dropping 3 sizes.

Did you turn the air screws only one turn out? I had the same port on stock carbs from Kevin before.Both sides bog or just the left? Try giving the carbs a good cleaning. May have a clogged pilot on the left side.

brand new pilots installed. i started with the air screws 1 1/2 out and then went to up to 2 1/2 out

brand new pilots installed. i started with the air screws 1 1/2 out and then went to up to 2 1/2 out

I had it wrong, he told me the stock carbs on that port job only like a half turn out on the air screws. Try that and see what happens. Also, try switching the plug wires as suggested.

Edited by pr0blumz

Switch the plug wires around, and see if the problem switches sides. I had a coil go bad, and I had the exact same problem as you. I put a brand new coil on, and the problem was gone.

im going to try contact cleaner on all of the plugs tonight after work. It seriously blows my mind. It runs and revs great until i ride it for about 1 minute and its like the plugs get to hot and just die. so im hoping its the coil and not a stator problem.

is there any aftermarket coils you would suggest. and aftermarket wires?