YFZ 450 front end conversion parts list

banshitty

Just curious what the total cost was for all those mis-matched parts for your 450 front end... Seems buying a +2 +1 set up made for the banshee would cost close to the same, unless you purchased everything used and found some good deals.

I spent $250 total between ebay and a few friends.

I just finally got rid of my yfz450 arms because it has one major flaw when installing them on the banshee frame. Too much positive caster (22* to be exact!!!). This creates very stiff slow steering (and quick return to center). Also you'll wear out ball joints faster due to the miss-alignment in relation to the spindles.

Stock is 9* and recommend rec riding is 3* to 5* of positive caster if I recall correctly.

While this upgrade is fine for rec. riding, don't try racing with it.

Save your money and get some arms designed for the banshee.

The caster problem is not as bad if you use the yfz spindles & hubs. I also put the dual piston calipers and master cylinder off the yfz.. But I agree it does still need a little less caster, if you have weak arms or race competively the yfz conversion is probably not a good idea.

I did it and I like it for what I do. Its definitely far superior to stock. I have about $350 in my swap and thats the arms, calipers, spindles, hubs, rotors, tierods and a brand new pair of 2009 450r shocks.

for the investment it is a good upgrade. I have 4*on the right and 5* on the left of positive caster. I have the yfz arms, hubs, and spindles with ltr40 shocks for stock height. Steers great, not stiff, the extra travel is nice, along with the added stability.

The first set of spindles i got were off an 04 and the caster was unacceptable. it was like steering a truck with the power steering pump out. The newer set made all the difference. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I did it and I like it for what I do. Its definitely far superior to stock. I have about $350 in my swap and thats the arms, calipers, spindles, hubs, rotors, tierods and a brand new pair of 2009 450r shocks.

$350 for all of that?????????? Sorry bro but did you bought that from you brother or father?