airbox mod

ok but if im running jetting for colder weather and it gets warmer will taking the lid off the airbox correct this a little?

Yes and no. It will only help tell you burn a hole in a piston. You will need to learn how to start jetting the banshee. They are easy after you have learned. Just take your time and read up on it. If your like me. I need to learn hands on. There is a page on here somewhere that shows all the parts of the carbs and what they do. Depending on what main jets are in the bike. I would at least go up 3 or maybe even 4 just to be safe and work down from there. Contact a site sponsor and get a kit of main jets. This way you can jet for the weather and soon to come motor mods.

Read up on this site so you can have a better understanding on jetting the banshee and the signs of a rich or lean condition.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

Don't know how many jet sizes I would have had to go, but last July 4th I had to pull my lid to lean mine down. Mid day it was 101 degrees and rich enough it didn't have any snap on the jumps. Pulled the lid and it ran great the rest of the day. Late in the day a cool front came through and temp dropped back to the 80's and had to put it back on. No lid makes a big difference but also louder kind of like flippin the lid on the old Chevy truck air cleaner.

Don't know how many jet sizes I would have had to go, but last July 4th I had to pull my lid to lean mine down. Mid day it was 101 degrees and rich enough it didn't have any snap on the jumps. Pulled the lid and it ran great the rest of the day. Late in the day a cool front came through and temp dropped back to the 80's and had to put it back on. No lid makes a big difference but also louder kind of like flippin the lid on the old Chevy truck air cleaner.

ok thx for all the advice