top end feels flat?

ok so since ive added my k&n w/modquad adpter i cant get the shee dialed in. i finally got the low end bog from idle to go away by dropping the clip to the 2nd from the bottom, but now it feels like when at WOT it seems very flat and not pulling as hard, any ideas?

ok so since ive added my k&n w/modquad adpter i cant get the shee dialed in. i finally got the low end bog from idle to go away by dropping the clip to the 2nd from the bottom, but now it feels like when at WOT it seems very flat and not pulling as hard, any ideas?

A little more info is needed. What carbs, current jets, and elevation?

mods are in my sig, stock carbs, when i out in the k&n and modquad adapter i moved from 270 mains to 290 dont know what pilot size and as farr as elevation i am 770 above sea level

did it get better from the 270s to 290s?if worse go back down,but i would say go more.u just added more air flow so its gonna want to lean the whole system.the needle has nothing to do with wot so that didnt hurt it.go 300,310.did u do a plug chop???

Edited by volcrano

It is always easier to go rich then lean. I will always jet up before I jet down. Unless I know im rich and need to jet down. IE Temp has gone up 30deg sense last ride.

Depending on your temp. I would start with the 290 but that should be rich. Remember that Changing the mains will mess with the needle. But not much to really dick with unless your trying to get every little last penny out of it.

The air screw is most effective between idle through 1/8 throttle. The pilot (slow) jet is most effective between 1/8 through 1/4 throttle.

The jet needle is most effective between 1/4 through 3/4 throttle.

The main jet is most effective between 3/4 through wide-open throttle.

Whats good Paul

Its going to be tuff to read the plugs without doing a wide open run

I had t-5s and all the bolt ons and i ran 310's

Every bike is so freaking different though.

I would bump the main a size or 2, see if it helps or hurts ya.

If it gets worse than start dropping the main down a size at a time until that bitch goes braaaaaaaabraaaaaaaaaaabraaaaaaaaabraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

than your good :headbang::headbang:

plugs are dark and oily at 290 so move up to 300 maybe 310?

no if they are dark u gotta go down,but was that tested at wot?if not it could be pilot,needle adjustment.u gotta do a wot and look at em.im sure ull prob have to drop tho given the info.