Billet intake manifolds

I currently have a pro design billet intake with 2 k&n pods along with 28mm. carbs (no airbox) I need to replace the rubber carb boots as they are starting to crack. I can't find anybody that sells just the rubber boots for these intakes however did come across the Boss intakes which are sold with built in crossover tubes & with no crossover tube at all. I have also seen the pro design intakes advertised for delta v force reed cages as they must be machined differently to accept the delta cages. I'm running Delta v force 2's so was curious as to whether the boss intakes are able to accept the Deltas.

Finally what exactly is the difference between having a crossover tube & not having one at all? How does the bike act differently? I woldn't mind getting rid of the exposed crossover tube as it rubs on my fuel line & pretty much just gets in the way.

P.S. I got rid of the pro design boost bottle that normally comes with these intakes because it took up to much room. I made a slight modification allowing me to use the stock yamaha crossover tube.

Thanks,

Chad

Thanks for the replies everyone. Based on the responses I went ahead & got a new Boss intake w/built in crossover for $110 after shipping on fleabay. jbooker82's pics. convinced me as that is just a very clean setup.

savage 420 I sent you a PM also.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Based on the responses I went ahead & got a new Boss intake w/built in crossover for $110 after shipping on fleabay. jbooker82's pics. convinced me as that is just a very clean setup.

savage 420 I sent you a PM also.

Just make sure you seal the rubber boots to the intake with yamabond dont use an rtv or ultra sealer. They wont hold up to fuel.

Just make sure you seal the rubber boots to the intake with yamabond dont use an rtv or ultra sealer. They wont hold up to fuel.

Thanks. Will do as I think I've got some yamabond 4 in the garage.

• 1 year later...

I used to run the billet ones with an internal crossover tube, but ran into an air leak problem. And it ended up costing a pretty penny to fix the damage. So now i run the individual upp intakes and they run about 50-60 bucks for the set and have never looked back since. I also would run the individual billet ones without hesitation. The less parts the less chance for a leak. But that is just my experience and 2 cents.