10 bucks for a cool head ?

Just kidding. I got a stock head its been shaved .030. Guy I got it from said it had a few nicks which it does big nicks. Along with the nicks there is what looks like a "rash ?". All on the left side squish band. Dude said the nicks were from chunk of spark plug he didn't mention the rashy lookn shit is that from deto ? Just on one side ? I was thinkin bout gluing some sand paper to an old piston to try to fix it ? Any pointers "other than buy a $300 cool head " would be great !

Just kidding. I got a stock head its been shaved .030. Guy I got it from said it had a few nicks which it does big nicks. Along with the nicks there is what looks like a "rash ?". All on the left side squish band. Dude said the nicks were from chunk of spark plug he didn't mention the rashy lookn shit is that from deto ? Just on one side ? I was thinkin bout gluing some sand paper to an old piston to try to fix it ? Any pointers "other than buy a $300 cool head " would be great !

there is a 150 black noss head in the forsale with no domes work a deal

you can find used heads for sale here on bansheehq all day for less than 200 bucks. i think a brand new noss head with domes is around 240.

id toss that head. entirely too much wrong with it to chance running it.

X2 with Loco on this one. I think you have yourself a paper weight...

Don't smoke but - seen one guy make a cool ash tray for his garage out of a deystroyed head if your one of those that hates to throw stuff away....just my 2cents

You guys suck :). Close your eyes Let's pretend that I have a machine shop. Ok can you see my machine shop? How do I fix it ?

put it in a machine to make a cool ash tray, and go shop for a coolhead, lol

seriously, the thing was probably "milled" on a belt sander, making it taper to one side, and ther is 2 different size chambers. if you really want to salvage it, you really do need a machine shop to cut the chambers after resurfacing it. the squish band should not be the same angle as the piston, so that will not work. you will need to know squish clearance before cutting, and you might actually not have enough material left to recut. a few sponsors offer the service, too

If it is a stock head that has NEVER been miled or cut and chambered it can probably be saved. You will need to have a builder that knows what he is doing "cut and chamber" it and you will be good. If it has ever been milled or "cut and chambered" before, then you have a nice paperweight or ashtray.

$300 for a coolhead!! Way to much. I offer the modquad one piece with domes, orings, washers and acorn nuts for $245 SHIPPED to all members on BHQ. Check with us sponsors before buying a so called "good deal." Sometimes it looks like a good deal until the shipping and handling fees get tacked on. Pm me anytime for anything you need.