DO I NOT NEED A HEAD GASKET ON A COOLHEAD?

so im rebuilding my shee and there was a head gasket on there and i have a pro desgin cool head with the o rings all in there ... however ive been hearing from people that i dont need the head gasket if im using a cool head because the o rings seal it? is this right? i was even told id gain psi by not using it? is all this right have i been using a head gasket for no reason? thanks guys

so the people who built my motor put it in for no reason!? this is good to know thanks

Thats strange. With the far different coolant passages in a coolhead, I would imagine a stock head gasket would really mess things up as far as flow characteristics in the head. I'm surprised they even got it on and working!

They just didnt want you to use the full Get up and GO. My guess is someone didnt know what they hell they were doing. Make sure you check the o-rings for being squished or nicks or chunks take out. If so buy a new o-ring kit or you will have sealing probs. Also never shoot rubber with Carb clean or break cleaner if poss. It causes stretching. If you need to clean the o-rings, use WD-40. I work with O-rings everyday. Also if you pull an O-ring and you get that black shit on your fingers or hands. That means that the o-ring is starting to fail.