clutch problem, need help bad please!

ok, i was railing it first to second and left off and pulled the clutch and there was little to nothing there, so i took it to a shop by haspen acres in indiana( cause thats where i was) and he said i burnt the clutch up and it was out of adjustment. so i put a new clutch in it and adjusted it and it worked, but then it started to get to about 130 and it did the same thing on me. it did have water in the oil when i took off the cover cause of that o ring leaking. whats the deal? it is built the guilt, it has a lockup clutch in it but its still the stock clutch, its bored 100 over full race jugs tripple ported, cool head etc.

ok, i was railing it first to second and left off and pulled the clutch and there was little to nothing there, so i took it to a shop by haspen acres in indiana( cause thats where i was) and he said i burnt the clutch up and it was out of adjustment. so i put a new clutch in it and adjusted it and it worked, but then it started to get to about 130 and it did the same thing on me. it did have water in the oil when i took off the cover cause of that o ring leaking. whats the deal? it is built the guilt, it has a lockup clutch in it but its still the stock clutch, its bored 100 over full race jugs tripple ported, cool head etc.

are you running a pancake bearing in the clutch pressure plate? if you are not you may be welding the clutch ball to the rod causing the clutch to act up and or burn out. I would ditch the stock clutch and by one from a sponsor on here.... the stockers even with a lock up do not hold very well

130? Highway or route 130? 130 inches per second? 130 degrees? I hope you're not saying 130 mph. :shootself:

It does sound like maybe the clutch ball and rod are welded, unfortunately.

i meant 130 degrees. dont you think that if it was welded together then it would always be messed up, not just sometimes?

my play bike would start to weld itself now and then and the clutch would not disingauge.... shut it down and let it cool and it would work fine..... I would suggest you get a pancake bearing in your pressure plate... its pretty much a must when running a lock up

Well sounds like you need a oring for the coolant tube. Can't expect tranny oil to do its job when your leaking coolant in the oil. Second u need to get a pancacke berring to relieve some friction. Get a f.a.s.t clutch w/hd springs I have been riding hard on it for my second season now. What is the reason your running a lockout? Also you need to inspect your balland rod along with the slop between your clutch basket and gear and report back.

oh, i just thought of somthing- the pressure plate/hub splines didn't get messed up on install did they? long shot, but the pressure plate could rotate up and catch in a higher spot. that would make both the clutch slip and the pusher/lever loose when it happens :shrugani: