bent fullflight tierod with no effort

SD1026

benttierod.jpg

i have run asr,houser,wicked front ends even stock front ends and never bent anything like this. i clipped a baby tree stump that was bearly sticking out of the ground jerked the bars a little bit and this is what i was left with. what junk.on top of it all its not even my bike.guess new ones on the way.

Are you sure its a fullflight? Theres are usually powdercoated same color as arms. I had a set. That looks like a tusk one to me. :shrugani: Fullflight also offers a lifetime warranty. Check into it. May not be a big deal at all. GL.

Are you sure its a fullflight? Theres are usually powdercoated same color as arms. I had a set. That looks like a tusk one to me. :shrugani: Fullflight also offers a lifetime warranty. Check into it. May not be a big deal at all. GL.

yea 100% sure its a full flight. they came from a full set of chrome fullflights. those a arms that are on the bike are asr.

Argh. I just ordered a set of 062-09 YFZ450 +1 rods from Fullflight last week. I hope I don't run into the same issue!

Just dont hit a stump :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

made from recycled soda cans

Alf's right, Full Flight Tie Rods look nothing like the tie rod in that picture. First of all Full Flight Tie rods are made out of precision formed seamless heat treated .120 Wall, 5/8 inch Aircraft Grade Steel Tubing, and there powder coated to match the a arms. I've seen people use tie rod and tie rod ends off Yamaha Utility ATV's like the GRIZZLY when they get in a tight spot and need longer tie rods to accommodate for the added width. This is very common on some of the YFZ-450 Front Suspension Swap.

I have a Full Flight +3+1, Silver Vain, with 12pt adjustable Chromoly Heims , for YFZ-450 Shocks Kit on my Banshee and I couldn't be happier everything is heavy duty and top of the line. The 12 point adjustable Chromoly Heims give you alot more to work with. It you buy there kit with that option you can upgrade your entire front suspension by swapping newer (2008 and up) YFZ-450R/450X shocks, spindles, hubs, brakes, steering stem (and steering stem flag) and it works perfectly nothing binds or has bad geometry. I have a friend that I ride with who has a new YFZ-450X and our quads ride almost exactly the same. It was a huge improvement over the stock suspension. I gave around $180 for all the YFZ-450 Parts, and picked up a set of like new take off YFZ-450X Shocks for $69.00 plus $15 shipping. I highly recommend this set up for any guys that trail ride or race Hare Scrambles. Yamaha should have upgraded to those parts years ago. :rotflmao: