Whats your average 1/4 mile time?

georgie

I'm new to 1/4 mile drag racing, just wondering what you guy's times are. So I'll go first, this is my first build and took me a long time to

get the funds together. 421 cub with 39 pwks, shearer in frame pipes, +6 swinger with r6 rear shock and marvins in the front, and many too many parts to list. Did 4 runs at the track with average low 13's and best run was 12.97 @ 92 mph. I know my gearing is the problem, getting that fixed and some bigger tires.

I'm new to 1/4 mile drag racing, just wondering what you guy's times are. So I'll go first, this is my first build and took me a long time to

get the funds together. 421 cub with 39 pwks, shearer in frame pipes, +6 swinger with r6 rear shock and marvins in the front, and many too many parts to list. Did 4 runs at the track with average low 13's and best run was 12.97 @ 92 mph. I know my gearing is the problem, getting that fixed and some bigger tires.

If you do a search of the Drag forum you will find your information. We consitently run low 10s with a 443cc cub on race gas, stock frame and a +220 lb rider.

If you do a search of the Drag forum you will find your information. We consitently run low 10s with a 443cc cub on race gas, stock frame and a +220 lb rider.

thats still smokin. it took a few hundred passes and $$$$$ to get there.

I'm in the low 10's.

Speeds over 120mph.

Cheetah's and Bigger motors in the 9's.

But there's Cubs out there in the 9's too.

Dan Hull's 18mm DM in stock cases. Tranny was a billet 6 speed override.

8 plate clutch with lockup.

Donnie ran that stock frame dragger at Milan Dragway August 2009.

Fastest time was 9.35@135mph.

thats still smokin. it took a few hundred passes and $$$$$ to get there.

Funny, but right! Here's the scoop as close as I remember. In the high tens with a stock cylinder 417cc on alky with same rider. I think that was accomplished around 150 passes. We continued with a 443cc cub on alky with .1-.2 ET improvements. At around 500 passes we started running mid to low 10s on race gas. With over 600 1/4 mile passes and the 1st NHRA quad to win a Walley. We are currently testing the new and improved quad with same motor on gas and same riders. Hopefully it will dip into the 9s this year!

Come Rockingham in June, you know as well as I do that a 9 second pass is the only option. I know you far to well buddy!

Wow! Thats faster then my dad's all motor car, he runs low 10's. Amazing you guy's are able to hold on, especially during take off. You guy's are awsome.

Dont get discouraged it took me 30 passes to get my clutch tuned rite for 60ft,the first 60ft will determine how well you get down the rest of the track,playing with spring pressure and weights I went from a 1.75 down to a 1.43.The diffrence was noticable down the whole track,im not giving times rite now due to a street race I have coming up, but mph was around 111 ,stock cyl 4mil.It takes time and patience