rz

rz pipes are designed to hit in the upper revs, say 6-10k. not much point to making them hit lower on the street.not so sure the coo;ing passages are smaller but with the power valve theres only so much room on the exhaust side

Yes the water jackets are smaller on an RZ cylinder,there is a powervalve sitting where part of the water jacket is on the Banshee cylinder. If you don't believe me, measure out how much liquid it take to fill a Banshee cylinder and then try to put that much liquid in a RZ cylinder. I have never done that but I got my information straight from Yamaha.

I had a rz powered banshee and loved it. Comparing stock to stock, there was no comparison. the rz had more power everywhere. I loved the wide ratio tranny as well. Shifted les often. Worked great. That is what yamaha should have put inthe shee to start with.

you should get the cdi, powervalve controller, and powervavle servo and cables, and the flywheel and stator. as for pipes the paul turners will fit, I have heard that the rockets will fit. Other pipes might but need to be modified to fit around the cover for the pulley for the powervalves. Yu can then wire it all up and find a way to mount the powervalve servo. You can really mount it anywhere and just build your own cables. I did it that way on one of mine. Just went to the bicycle shop and got a cable building kit. It had the sheath cable and ends that you needed. Then figure out how big to make it. The whole project was not very hard, just a little time consuming. It also helps to have the wiring diagram for the rz.

the rz head is quite a bit larger than stock and coolheads, to comphensate for the cyls. like i said- you don't need the whole rz electrical, if you can't get it, but it will have everything there, if you do....i would absolutely love an rz for 150, lol

I will be posting some pics and doing a write up and sharing info here fairly soon, I am in the middle of doing my RZ conversion right now, just waiting on some parts just yet.

Mike

Sweet! Come on chop chop let's see her :)