Grips Won't Stay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some scott grips and there glue to install them with. I'm tryed three time to glue them and they don't stay. I come back a week later and I can turn them. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

put grip glue on the bars and in the grips blow air in the grip when putting them on so it doesn't just slid the glue out, not to much air just enough to strech the grip out a little bit work good

ridding too hard, lol...does the glue stay in the grips? try roughing the bars up with coarse sandpaper...i have heard hirspray trick, and i just taped up the bars before sliding the grips on

Ya I had to roll up sandpaper and cleaned the glue out and I also sanded the handlebars every time I tried. I have a twist throttle and it's the same for the plastic.

I put some pro tapers on my shee and was having the same problem. The BEST thing I've ever used is Gorilla Glue, those grips won't even move at all now!! :headbang:

Check it out, you can pick it up at almost any hardware store: http://www.gorillaglue.com/

I'll have to look for your Gorilla glue, I'll try anything. There the half waffle style so I really don't want them to move.

id put a light coat of glue in the grips, and let them start drying for a minute or two, get them really fuckin tacky and then use an airhose to blow em on. if theres no air between the bar, and grip, for the glue to dry, the glue will probably just stay wet and not cure like it should. try it..... :cheers:

put grip glue on the bars and in the grips blow air in the grip when putting them on so it doesn't just slid the glue out, not to much air just enough to strech the grip out a little bit work good

I didn't try putting glue inside the grip. I have no clue on how much to use. I think the grip being really soft is not helping.

here is the trick. you can use gorilla glue but it does foam out. use trim cementfor auto trim. spray in the grip and on the handle bars wait a min or two then squeeze the grip before you put on the grip so there is no air and it creates a suction when you put it on . when you get it on put 4 zip ties real tight wait 24 hours and they will never come off trust me .

id put a light coat of glue in the grips, and let them start drying for a minute or two, get them really fuckin tacky and then use an airhose to blow em on. if theres no air between the bar, and grip, for the glue to dry, the glue will probably just stay wet and not cure like it should. try it..... :cheers:

This sounds like what's happening. I'm spreading the glue on the bar and slidding it on as fast as I can.

B) what about RC tire super glue you will have to boil them to get them of. it can be injected in to.

I have tried just about every grip adhesion method on the planet in the last 20 years on motorcycles and the only thing I have ever seen last is superglue. Scott grip glue is a friggin joke. Just try not to get your hand stuck to the bars when installing.