new to hill climbing any tips

wvbansheeboy

im trying to get better at hill climbing on my banshee ive got a stock swing arm and works shocks up front and stock shock in the rear wants to rare up on me all the time . didnt knoe if there was any advice or sites you guys knoe of.. to help thanks

all in practice and dont be scared get used to your bike haulin balls up hill

set up is key. the tires youre running now are the first thing that needs to go. they are junk, dont hook up and will dig holes when you need them to be pushing you forward the most. i would also recommend going with a +2 or +4 arm for that added stability when climbing the steep hills. that will be long enough to help keep the front end down but not hinder regular riding. going with some aftermarket shocks will also help put the power to the ground. it all depends on how much you wanna spend.

set up is key. the tires youre running now are the first thing that needs to go. they are junk, dont hook up and will dig holes when you need them to be pushing you forward the most. i would also recommend going with a +2 or +4 arm for that added stability when climbing the steep hills. that will be long enough to help keep the front end down but not hinder regular riding. going with some aftermarket shocks will also help put the power to the ground. it all depends on how much you wanna spend.

what would you recomend for tires? loco.. i weight about 330.. I hual ass and lean forward..lol. i have dual rate works.. on my bike.

• 9 months later...

just remember though,when climbing the key is stay committed once you commit to a hill>Backing off then debating or not if you should go for it is a no no.Whiskey throttle will get you in tyrouble.Make sure you have a could line and let her rip>some hills you have to use throttle control but it will come with experience.You wont make 'em all the time so dont despair.Around these parts we look for stuff to climb,sometimes they are virgin hills when we see them..lol

we climb a lot of steep hills.. in the woods of course.. i will agree wih loco on allhis statements.. i run a +2 and its ideal for evrything i do.. the ohtsu radials are one BADASS tire.. i run them too... get your suspension and earing right for the amount of power u are making.. from there is all about the rider... good luck and never let out of the gas..