Porting

Gurnzz

its really something you need some experience at to do yourself. if you have extra jugs laying around you could give it a shot, but otherwise id let a professional handle it. if you make one wrong move with a dremel you could be purchasing some used cylinders

its really something you need some experience at to do yourself. if you have extra jugs laying around you could give it a shot, but otherwise id let a professional handle it. if you make one wrong move with a dremel you could be purchasing some used cylinders

yeah i kinda figured that myself too. lol. i have a friend that owns a machine so i may have him take a look at them. he can prolly give me a hand. if i thro with it ill post some before/after pics. thanks for the response. Gurnzz

yeah i kinda figured that myself too. lol. i have a friend that owns a machine so i may have him take a look at them. he can prolly give me a hand. if i thro with it ill post some before/after pics. thanks for the response. Gurnzz

:flush:

hey i was just curious if any one on here has tried to port their own cylinders? if so how did it go? i was considering trying it myself. if anyone has any feed back shoot it my way. thanks Gurnzz

i can port your cylinders if you like and i have a friend that could too. pm me if interested.

:flush:

^^^^^^^this guy is doing his right now......and goin on for quite some time, like the first set should, lol......you have to buy a couple books around $100 each, and read them a few times at least, just to know how to do some calculations and a little insight into making some cuts, but it really take some BANSEE cyl porting knowlege/experience to make good power, and <1mm off cut, some wrong angles, or incorrect area will throw your shit off

I have fucked up some of my own cylinders that ran real hard.

Same here. I ported a set of cylinders way back in the day. set up for a 10mill, had the head milled and cut the domes out myself as well.

untuned on the dyno it made 86 hp. cant complain for a doing it myself and un tuned. The cylinders where set up by twister with blaster sleeves other then that I ported them

Edited by banshee332

Unless you have a few extra sets of cylinders and your trying to learn a few things. I would suggest you send them out to Jeff @FAST he does awesome work very very clean or any of the site sponsers. I do all of my own work, but when it comes to porting I'll leave that up to the professionals. Just remember you can spend a dollar trying to save a quarter.

Unless you have a few extra sets of cylinders and your trying to learn a few things. I would suggest you send them out to Jeff @FAST he does awesome work very very clean or any of the site sponsers. I do all of my own work, but when it comes to porting I'll leave that up to the professionals. Just remember you can spend a dollar trying to save a quarter.

I agree with what you said 100%,but it use to be alot of fun and a since of pride to port my own cylinders and see how they ran against the competition.Go out and get beat, come home and rip of my cylinders and try something else and see how it worked.But if you are not into tearing your bike apart all the time and don't want to risk a set of cylinders then having them done by a pro it the best route.That use to be half the fun of riding for me,now that i am older i just run cp cylinders and let the pros port them.(Redline)

I agree with what you said 100%,but it use to be alot of fun and a since of pride to port my own cylinders and see how they ran against the competition.Go out and get beat, come home and rip of my cylinders and try something else and see how it worked.But if you are not into tearing your bike apart all the time and don't want to risk a set of cylinders then having them done by a pro it the best route.That use to be half the fun of riding for me,now that i am older i just run cp cylinders and let the pros port them.(Redline)

haha thanks for the feedback guys. hey firebanshee i think u convinced me to try it, ive have no prob tearing down the bike if i f em up.ive got an extra set too so i think im gonna give it a shot. why not.lol. il let you know how ii make out. :) Gurnzz